Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Accessory power question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PDXMike
For a long as I have owned my 75 1.8 I have had no dash lights, horn, or blower motor function. I started digging into these things and am now a little stumped.

I started at the fuse box. When I turn on the headlights, I get power to fuses 3,4,5 and 6 but not 7. This would explain no dash lights, but I am confused about how this could happen. Aren't 5,6 and 7 all powered from the light switch? How can I get juice at 5 and 6, but not 7?

Similar story for the fan and horn. The fan and horn switches both trigger the right relays (they both click) but still no power is delivered to the right fuses.

What am I missing? What should I do next?

Thanks,

Mike
904svo
QUOTE(PDXMike @ Feb 25 2012, 05:46 PM) *

For a long as I have owned my 75 1.8 I have had no dash lights, horn, or blower motor function. I started digging into these things and am now a little stumped.

I started at the fuse box. When I turn on the headlights, I get power to fuses 3,4,5 and 6 but not 7. This would explain no dash lights, but I am confused about how this could happen. Aren't 5,6 and 7 all powered from the light switch? How can I get juice at 5 and 6, but not 7?

Similar story for the fan and horn. The fan and horn switches both trigger the right relays (they both click) but still no power is delivered to the right fuses.

What am I missing? What should I do next?

Thanks,

Mike

Try cleaning all the fuses holders by spinning the fuses.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.