Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Man did we get a lot done
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
Man Gerry and I got a lot done. For a 14 year old he sure hung in there.

Flywheel prep, pilot bearing and flywheel O ring
DNHunt
That little felt washer
DNHunt
Main seal
DNHunt
Torquing down the flywheel bolts
DNHunt
Front O ring behind fan hub
DNHunt
Fan hub and seal
DNHunt
Here's my version of the 35-1 trigger wheel and sensor. Eventually the ignition will be crankfire
DNHunt
Cooling flaps installed
DNHunt
Here's most of the tin on
DNHunt
This is what we started with last summer
red914
wow, Dave, that looks awesome! your pictures of the progress have been great. keep it up. and hats off to your son, too! clap56.gif
Aaron Cox
looks great smilie_pokal.gif so clean you could eat off of! rolleyes.gif also.. like the rubber stoppers in the intake..great idea
DNHunt
Here's where we left it today.

I'm outa here for a week of golf, beer and food in Central Oregon, so you won't have to put up with pictures of everything we do.

When I get back I'm gonna start on a "Light it Off" party. Free beer beerchug.gif and food. Hopefully a little bubbly.

Dave
rick 918-S
clap56.gif
J P Stein
Great stuff !!

Are you going to put it in the car to light the fire?
It would be worth it to come watch you sweat laugh.gif
eeyore
Felt washer on flywheel??!! How important is that? I didn't put in the pilot bearing, but no washer.

That motor is disgustingly clean. I think you need to repack your CVs with moly lube barehanded so as to appease the grease / roadglue gods.
airsix
Lookin' awesome Dave. I'm sure all the care and detail going into your work will pay off nicely. That's definitely work to be proud of. Nice to know you're sharing the experience with your son. There aren't enough son's being raised these days.

-Ben M.
dinomium
The motor looks great Dave! I will certainly attend a fire off gala!!
DNHunt
I'm probably gonna light it off with carbs and open pipes. Not too many wires and lots of smoke and noise.
red914
open pipes and carbs! let us know when! i want to see and hear it!
914werke
Sweet drooley.gif beer.gif
Jake Raby
SWEET!!!! Lookin great!
JmuRiz
Are you running nickies or are those cyls just as clean as they look? You are gonna megasquirt this sucker right? Bet it will haul.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.