Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any interest in transmission tool rental?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
I am going to be making up some of my special tools for transmission work and was wondering if it would be worth while to secure some extra sets of the other special tools for rentals? If this sounds like a good idea, I will look into getting them. This will mean I will have to front the dough and people will need to actually rent them wink.gif

If you think that most would rather just purchase their own, let me know.
Mike Bellis
Dr. Tard? WTF.gif
Dr Evil
One of the admins thinks it funny to change my name. Ignore it.
brant
since I missed the class

which tools are they and what are the prices
I might be interested in filling in some missing tool gaps
I didn't see them on your gears for sale signature
rmital
I'd be more interested in purchasing them....depending on the bottom line of course. flag.gif

BTW...excellent transmission rebuild DVD(s), nice job!
Dr Evil
I can take some pics, but here are some links to the two major ones on the bird board:

Synchro Hub removal tube for $95

Alignment jig, $20

I have a tool of my design that would be in a kit, and maybe a few others: Modified 14mm for pivot ball, 17mm Allen socket for oil plugs, 12point (triple square) for the bolts to the bearing retainer.

Cost would be low as I am not looking to make $$ on this, only have it as a resource and not lose my ass buying the tools I dont have duplicates of.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(rmital @ Feb 26 2012, 12:12 PM) *

I'd be more interested in purchasing them....depending on the bottom line of course. flag.gif

BTW...excellent transmission rebuild DVD(s), nice job!

Thanks, Ray. It would not have turned out nearly as well without the work of Eric at Cupomeat smile.gif He enabled me to make a quality product.

I think given the responses so far, that I would only get a single spare set for rent for the moment and buy another as necessary in the future.
pcar916
I'd rent a set for sure if if I only built my own transaxles once or twice. Gear swaps and LSD/TBD installs make tools and spacer gathering required.

Depending on the rent and shipping costs, I think this is a great idea Doc.
Dr Evil
Shipping would be a flat rate box of $12 ea way so not bad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.