Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why I havent made progress on the teen ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914werke
This will ultimatly house the Yellow 73.
Anyone have have any experiance in creating a "Dry" Carport? Im looking for solutions. wink.gif
914werke
another
DNHunt
First you put a roof on, then walls. smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif

Looks good, the pitch of the roof is gonna dictate the types of roofing you can use. You're gonna need a fair flashing where you tie into the house. I suppose all of that is already figured especially if you got permits. Maybe Geoff will give you some advice.

Dave
Mark Henry
Why not just close it in?

If your after the "open look" you could make removable panels for the winter months.
914werke
Nah. I may put up some lattice between the post to pretty it up, but Im just concerned with the drip through from the top.
Dave, Permits? Whats a permit laugh.gif
One of the benifits of living in the woods is no one is in your business.
I talked to the county about code requirements while designing it.
First Deck, by myself. rolleyes.gif Pretty good sofar. beer.gif
SpecialK
Oh, I see...it's a deck! I was thinking it was strictly a carport until your last post. Check out this site:

http://www.dry-b-lo.com/
SirAndy
that looks nice!

suggestion:
while you're at it, build a pit in the center so you can work under the car easier!

biggrin.gif Andy
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 12 2004, 12:33 PM)
that looks nice!

suggestion:
while you're at it, build a pit in the center so you can work under the car easier!

biggrin.gif Andy

thats what i'm a do when i design my house wink.gif
914werke
A pit was out of the question...BUT it has near 10Ft of ht. between slab & Joists, so Im think'n ...LIFT! smilie_pokal.gif
Joe Ricard
Permits are for the people who don't do he work them selves. Because there has been a few shady contractors who take your money because you don't know any better about what right / wrong and "up to code".

So the public invented building inspectors. = retired contractors.

I built a shop on the back on my house bricked the outside to match the existing house. hurricane straps and big long screws lots of nails and wood vapor barriers and insulation. wall outlets and overhead lighting. Should be tested against a CAT 4 Hurricane this week. If it stands up I will thump my chest. If it blows down I will build it bigger and stronger.
Carl
VLPC?

LLIHALPCTM!*

* Looks like it'll have a lotta Porsche content to me! clap56.gif
rhodyguy
rich, it will involve some more framing, but you might/should be able to add a secondary roof under the deck joists. sheath it and use rolled roofing. you can get away with a low pitch. if you wait to apply the decking, tuck the flashing under the bottom of a course of siding and you can nail the plywood and the rr down.

kevin
914werke
So I realized that I had never posted completed pics of this project and how its going to good use! biggrin.gif
What ever happened to the idea for a jackstand smilie. happy11.gif
rhodyguy
what did you do to keep it dry underneath?

k
914werke
Click to view attachment
914werke
Click to view attachment
914werke
Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
i can't tell what that is. did you just staple some plastic to the bottom of the joists?

k
914werke
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 7 2006, 09:06 AM) *

i can't tell what that is. did you just staple some plastic to the bottom of the joists?

k

No I furred down from the joists, used this polycarbonate roofing and while angling from rear to front and from center to side screwwed it to the the furring with these rubber washered screws. You can sort of see on the inside of the beam is a 1" U channel I used as a gutter angled the same center out to side.
rhodyguy
oh, green house roofing. good choise. fire up the enigne yet?

k
sixnotfour
Sweet Deck ,your wifey is so happy, translate Rich is so happy he has another dry car storage spot.
Where is a pic of the other project ? Chris and Troy know what I am talking about
914werke
havent evan touched it yet. Ill get in gear but first I gotta get teh moter back in the 73 so I can get my trailer out! headbang.gif
messix
doesn't it only take half an hour to put an engine back in?
rhodyguy
working on 2 cars at the same time is fun isn't it. :0

k
914werke
QUOTE(messix @ May 7 2006, 12:48 PM) *

doesn't it only take half an hour to put an engine back in?

Ok ya got me 40 min flipa.gif
Spent most of today putting the 1911 together.
Had to tear it down, twice to get it right... DOH headbang.gif
Looks like the deck is gonna come into play as its raining and
looks like it gonna for a bit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.