Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 Engine Documents
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimbot2000
So I have a couple of books on the way that will tell me, but I'm a little surprised that I can't find this data on the internet. I'm looking for engine specs i.e.: Crank Journal sizes including tolerance and regrind sizes. Same for pistons and cam and everything else. Does anyone have this in PDF or know of an online source?

Normally I would be patient, but I'm traveling a lot for work these days. I Only really have the weekends to work in, so if I can get things ordered in the week, then I'm usually ready for the next weekend.

Also, does anyone know if there are manuals for the 914 available as ebooks or PDFs? I have an iPad that is really great for the shop. You can touch the glass screen with the greasy fingers, and just wipe it clean with windex. I have some old shop manuals that have blacked out text because I have "read" them too many times.

euro911
I've always found the TunaCan site to be pretty useful ... Link
VaccaRabite
agree.gif
lets you know displacement, crank and bore size for nearly every combo out there.

Zach
jimbot2000
That is certainly a good resource, but what I'm looking for is a list of specifications. For example. The cylinder bore is 94mm with a tollerance of +/- 0.5mm. Or clearance limits between rod bearings and journals. I've torn down the whole engine, and want to see what's good and what's not. I'll probably be changing the usual stuff at the minimum (rings and bearings) also have the cylinders re-honed so the new rings will seat, but I need to know the tolerances of these parts. Maybe I was just looking in the wrong spot on the Tuna Can site?

When I did this with the Austin Healy I wear able to find all one this stuff really easy on the web, but it seems that the Porsche specs are a big secret.
euro911
Shoptalk Forums is also a good place to check into. Link
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.