Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who Art Thou?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
Last night at about 9:30 PM on 91 East, I exited Pierce street in Riverside, CA, to see behind me a 911! I was driving my mismatched-panel blue 914 and he asks "Why aren't you in Ventura?!" I kindly reply "I had to work in Rancho!". So, who the hell are you? You obviously follow the 914 club events! Just sayin hay, and what part of the Inland Empire are you in?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Brando @ Sep 12 2004, 10:41 AM)
You obviously follow the 914 club events!

just a bit presumptious there - the whole Porsche world knows about the GAF this weekend ...
MXMARK
Hi Brando, that was me. I just had to see your 914. I am sorry I could not chat but My Daughter and I had to get some food home for My Wife. Wow, I am crazy following 914's like I did last night. I live off of La Sierra I cut over a couple of lanes to get off behind you. My 914 is in the avatar picture. If you need anything or help with the car let me know. Mark
Aaron Cox
heheh.... mark the insane 911 owner laugh.gif

BRANDO- is it light blue? ductail? if so... i was the dude who pulled up beside you a few weeks ago on the 91 and gave you a honk smile.gif
MXMARK
Aaron, How was Ventura? Mark
Aaron Cox
didnt go sad.gif
Brando
QUOTE(MXMARK @ Sep 12 2004, 10:49 AM)
Hi Brando, that was me. I just had to see your 914. I am sorry I could not chat but My Daughter and I had to get some food home for My Wife. Wow, I am crazy following 914's like I did last night. I live off of La Sierra I cut over a couple of lanes to get off behind you. My 914 is in the avatar picture. If you need anything or help with the car let me know. Mark

Hi mark! Nice to hear from you again. I live off of Crest/Arlington, by Norte Vista highschool. Your 914 looks very impressive. I kind of didnt notice you were back there until your headlights came into focus. I was like "Hey, that's a 911!" You should have seen the boxster owners i was flying next to for a few minutes prior on I-15 South. I honked and waved, they waved back. Looked like a couple in their early 30s... probably not sure whether i was in a porsche or what a 914 is laugh.gif

You're in riverside, are yo active in the riverside region PCA events? I hosted a dinner meeting this past thursday in Corona, right off the 15. Damn, i probably should have posted it here too! Anyhow, always glad to see active 914 fans local smile.gif
Brando
Aaron, my 914 has mismatched blue panels. with horribly faded paint. and rust spots. no rear wing, and i've only had the car for about 3 weeks or so... If it were me you saw, you'd recognize it by the trademark aquamarine blue rear-passenger's side fender. laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Brando @ Sep 12 2004, 11:14 PM)
I hosted a dinner meeting this past thursday in Corona, right off the 15. Damn, i probably should have posted it here too! Anyhow, always glad to see active 914 fans local smile.gif

hell yeah you should have posted it! and post the next AX venue cool.gif

PS: where was the dinner held?
MXMARK
Brando, Sorry I missed the dinner. I waive to boxer drivers and they look at me funny. I guess it is just me. Thanks Mark
Brando
The dinner last week was held at Lotus Garden, off of I-15 & Magnolia Ave by the Stater Brothers. We had a moderate turnout... roughly 19 members and our guest speaker (makes 20). Next AX is i believe the 25th. We changed it from the 18th. I'll get the details on the when/where (time) exactly. I wont be participating though. The "old man" isn't up for Autocross seeing as the engine is quite old and tired. I'll probably be a corner person just to go and fart around tongue.gif

[edit]

Here's the info:

Sept. 25 - RSR Practice Autocross -- Neophytes Invited !
* 8AM - 2PM @ Orange Show Grounds
* Contact Jim Burke [ Phone - (909) 681-6929 ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.