Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake hose installation question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chris914
I'm trying to replace the rear brake hoses. The one end on the body of the car fits fine with the clip. Now the other end of the hose is to large to fit through the tab on the control arm. The brake hose package say 72-76 Porsche 914.

I have not looked at the front yet to see if it is the same.

I seem to be having a lot more trouble with my Porsche then the complete restoration that I did on my 73 VW Thing. http://www.cassidy-online.com/thing73/thing73.html Is this typical or is it just bad "car"ma. Nothing seems to fit or it is just not quit the right part. On the Thing I researched it, bought it, installed it, it worked.
thomasotten
I just installed mine the other day, and I know what you are refering to. You have to slide the hose in at the part of the hose end that is of smallest diameter, then when you get it in, push it into the control arm and then put the spring clip on.
SirAndy
if you got the SS lines make sure you don't use the front lines in the back.

different length,
wink.gif Andy
chris914
I measured them all with calipers and they are all to big.
michelko
I think they changed the mounting, somewhere 1972?
Are you sure you purchased the right hose?

smilie_flagge6.gif
ChrisFoley
If your tabs on the control arm have a hole, but no slot, it is a good idea to create a slot so the hose end can be slid into place from the side. I think that is one of the later upgrades to the assembly.
F4i
Can I steal this thread and ask a brake line related question? The PET says all 4 lines (flex) for 914-4 72 and up are 211 611 775 B. The bird parts list says 211 611 775 B are rear and 281 611 775 B are front. Who is correct and does it matter? With any luck my question will help this thread as well.
F4i
Sorry my inability to read has caused me problems yet again. PET says 211 611 775 A front. I guess this may have been replaced with the 281 part number?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.