Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine compartment light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
You know that fascinating engine compartment light? Does it stay on all the time, or just when you turn on the driving lights, or head lights? I was wondering how it was wired from the factory? To what point does the ground lead go, and where did it get it's positive lead from? THe harness? Did it send both + and - from the harness? Pics would be cool! smilie_pokal.gif
SirAndy
yes, there are 2 wires in the harnes, they come out of the harness just under the relay board, out of the branch that then continues into the rear trunk.

the light goes on/off with your headlights, no switch.
wink.gif Andy

PS: mine also functions as a engine comp light at the same time ...
seanery
PS: mine also functions as a engine comp light at the same time ...

whuht?
Is that a fancy way of saying your light works?
SirAndy
QUOTE(seanery @ Sep 12 2004, 02:55 PM)
that a fancy way of saying your light works?

i meant trunk and engine comp light. sorry, could have spelled that out better ...

some where blackened out in the back, only working on the trunk side, some where both directions.

biggrin.gif Andy
BatAc
There's a light in there? unsure.gif 'N' it works, too??? cool_shades.gif
Brando
I was just wondering... what light??
redshift
The engine compartment light... the trunk light... the one that hangs down, and swings like a chinese lantern on the 1/2 the cars that still have a non-non-op one.

M
thomasotten
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 12 2004, 01:56 PM)
some where blackened out in the back, only working on the trunk side, some where both directions.

I think the blackening is just grease build up. That's how it was on mine.

So these 2 wires that come out of the relay board, do they stay with the rear trunk harness until perpendicular to the trunk light, and then branch off?
SirAndy
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Sep 13 2004, 05:16 AM)
I think the blackening is just grease build up. That's how it was on mine.

So these 2 wires that come out of the relay board, do they stay with the rear trunk harness until perpendicular to the trunk light, and then branch off?

some lights had a layer of black paint on the back ...

the 2 wires don't come out of the relay board, the harness runs below the relay board and the wires branch off somewhere around the mounting points for the rear trunk torsion bars. you can't miss them.

wink.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.