Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch Tube Repair Pic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric Taylor
I'm looking to weld up my broken tube, but need a guide to show me what to do. I remember a few month's back, brad had a bunch of pictures step by step on the all914 site, but I can't seam to access it anymore. If anyone has the pic's, or there own pic's it would be greatly appreaciated. I'm really hoping to get it back on the road before I leave for school next week.
Eric
Jeroen
did you check the "classic threads forum" ?
good chance you'll find 'm there...
Eric Taylor
yeah, that's the exact thread i'm thinking of. I was just hoping that someone had the pic's in the link to the all914 site, because I guess it is dead now.
Eric
JeffBowlsby
So my clutch tube breaks last week and I think I have figured out how to access the tube and plug weld it through the side of the center tunnel thanks to the previous posts here. Thanks!

But do I need to remove the clutch cable from the tube to do the weld or just detension it at the clutch fork?

ejm
But do I need to remove the clutch cable from the tube to do the weld or just detension it at the clutch fork?

I would remove the cable just to be sure there would be no problem with a new one passing thru the tube later on...

Eric..pictures here show how the inside of the tunnel is layed out
Eric Taylor
I never thought this thread would be reserected! smile.gif anyway, I just had it done by a guy down the way who works at a VW shop. He cut 2 access holes on the top. One for the middle weld and one for the front. If doing it again, I would deffinatly cut a side access hole on the drivers side for the front weld, because from the top you can't weld the bottom of the bracket, which is ok but not ideal. Anyway watch for cablese when cutting that side hole though. The job worked our great and now the car shifts, well . smilie_pokal.gif . Hey jeff I would remove the cable, just to make things easier. Mark your forward adjustment though, that one's a bitch to get right smile.gif
Eric
rhodyguy
eric, please take and post a picture of where your guy cut the holes if you have a camera.

k
boxstr
Eric I have the same job to do. Post a pic of the holes. agree.gif
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
CCLINTUBULAR
fiid
I'm thinking of redoing mine - how far out the back of the tunnel should the clutch tube protude?

JeffBowlsby
Thanks guys...Jeff gets a new clutch cable!!! biggrin.gif

Fiid there are a couple of very good classic threads here with fotos and a GREAT bunch a pics over in the PP tech articles re: the center tunnel courtesy of DarlingMeister. It seems pretty clear what needs to be done, if you study the photos.

I think my clutch tube is busted at the frontmost weld, and I hope to verify that today. If that be the case I hope to use the BradMeister Laporoscopic repair method and simply drill a couple precisely located holes for plug welds and not have to hack into the center tunnel. Wish me luck...

Eric Taylor
Hey guy's sorry, but I didn't have the digicam near the 914 ohmy.gif . If you wan't I can post some thread's from here that I used to create the holes. The threads have a bunch of pictures if you want them i've got them in PDF format. The PP article works we'll too, but my threads are Brad Certified smile.gif . Anway let me know.
Eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.