Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Built a Console for my V8 Car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
andys
Built a console to cover up a whole mess of stuff. I'm yet to have a boot made, but this was the difficult part. The horizontal insert can be lifted out to access a fuse panel (for dual fans, fuel pump, and OBD II), and inertia switch reset button. Each side panel can be removed separately as well to access things like the cable shifter and the clutch master cylinder (The last photo). Another thing I did, was to raise the arm rest pad to the height to where it should have been in the first place; now I can rest my right elbow without leaning over. A nice side benefit is the increased storage space.

Yeah, I know, the steering wheel......it's only temporary.

Andys

Eric_Shea
The steering wheel is bad @$$. That's real patina. So is the center console smilie_pokal.gif
sean_v8_914
interesting clutch MC config
DBCooper
Looks good. All in character, well finished and functional. Well done.
Bruce Hinds
I've often thought about doing the hydro clutch idea on my V8/901, do you have a build thread on that or a list of parts that you used? Is there a kit, or parts that fit?
Andyrew
Nice stuff!!
jaxdream
Nice stiching there dude !!!

Jack
BIGKAT_83
Nice......
gothspeed
cool clutch MC!!! ......any pics of the gearbox/slave end?
pcar916
Nice... Unless you're shooting for the "showroom" look I wouldn't change the steering wheel either. Well used stuff (except rust and corrosion) has proper character that new stuff just can't compete with... ever. It means "this machine is driven". beerchug.gif
rohar
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Feb 27 2012, 09:32 AM) *

cool clutch MC!!! ......any pics of the gearbox/slave end?

He's up to no good:

IPB Image
andys
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Feb 27 2012, 07:24 AM) *

I've often thought about doing the hydro clutch idea on my V8/901, do you have a build thread on that or a list of parts that you used? Is there a kit, or parts that fit?

Bruce,

I made that setup as a one-off, so no plans or kit. Here's a couple of photos in case you're interested on how it's configured. The reservoir for the master is mounted adjacent to the brake reservoir.

Andys
rohar
If that doesn't help anyone else, that helps me a great deal. Clutch master is one of those things I haven't tackled yet but on the short list.
Bruce Hinds
Thanks for the photos that sure puts thing in perspective. What type of Transaxle is that you're running behind the LS?
andys
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Feb 27 2012, 03:38 PM) *

Thanks for the photos that sure puts thing in perspective. What type of Transaxle is that you're running behind the LS?

Bruce,

I'm using the Audi 01e six speed.

Andys
type47fan
QUOTE(pcar916 @ Feb 27 2012, 09:46 AM) *

Nice... Unless you're shooting for the "showroom" look I wouldn't change the steering wheel either. Well used stuff (except rust and corrosion) has proper character that new stuff just can't compete with... ever. It means "this machine is driven". beerchug.gif

Very nice project! My Racemark RAID wheel looked similar to yours. I dyed the leather and conditioned it with a leather saddle product with this result:
Click to view attachment

If you want to maintain the current character, just nourish the leather.
andys
Regarding the steering wheel, two things. First, the diameter is a bit small considering the wider front tires, so it's hard to turn. Second, the stitching is coming apart, so I'd rather not spend any money on this one.

The following photos are what lies beneath; both under the console, and under the arm rest.

Andys
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.