Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slosh-O-Cross
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
and rained till the fun runs.

The Hoosiers worked remarkably well in the slop.
At about 5k in 2nd, the rears would break loose, tho.... ph34r.gif....better have that little sucker pointed straight when that happens.

LOTS of 914s there, 5 or 6.
I wuz 2nd fastest overall. My co-driver didn't get a clean run
so I whupped him again smile.gif
TTOD was by a N/A Mr. 2.....he was fun to watch. His car control is something I aspire to (he's an old fart, of course). He beat me about 2 sec.

2 weeks till the next one....I might get some yard wurk done.
ChrisReale
Thats why I chickened out. Didnt want to drive down in rain, drive shitty in rain and drive back in rain pissed. Did Bruce Allert show up?
J P Stein
Yup, Bruce was there. Looked like he was havin' fun.
I wouldn't haven't driven 150 miles in the rain for it either....tho it has quit and the sun is out....kinda.
Bleyseng
Sorry I missed it, I worked all weekend. tongue.gif
Geoff
Bruce Allert
JP's right... I HAD FUN boldblue.gif Man O man did I have fun. There has never been a car that kept my attention like that car did today. I knew it could corner good but when your out on a lot where you can't run into anything and just see the limits of your car on wet pavement, it's inspiring. I was really inspired when JP spun out on his last run right in front of me where I was tending the cones (inspired to the point of not doing it it front of him) beer.gif
Just joking JP. I watched you the most to get pointers as to where to get set up for the corners. Yupper, I had fun and the car did great (even if I couldn't see where to enter the proper gates!) cool.gif rolleyes.gif Can't wait till July for the next one.
bruce
ChrisReale
There is another AX on May 24th at Bremerton, if you dont want to wait til july boldblue.gif
Bruce Allert
I gotta wait. Can't come up to Bremerton. Leav'n for Kauai this Friday & won't be comin' back
cool.gif
till the day of yer AX biggrin.gif
If there's another happing between then & the July one I'd look at going to it.
bruce
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ May 4 2003, 04:45 PM)
. Leav'n for Kauai this Friday & won't be comin' back
cool.gif
till the day of yer AX biggrin.gif

Princeville, right, Bruce?
Gonna put a bid on David Crosby's house? Be sure and eat some raw fish for me at Sushi and Blues
Bruce Allert
Would love to just stay at Davids house or Graham Nashs'. They bought close together at Princeville.
I'd be happy to play 18 holes on the Princeville course too:rolleyes:
Thanks for the idea on the Sushi place. That will add another restaurant to our list. My wife has been going to Kauai since she was a wee lass (7)! No stop lights or McDonalds then!!! Sure glad I got into her family. Party on, Dudes!!! MDB2.gif
bruce
J P Stein
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ May 4 2003, 03:55 PM)
I was really inspired when JP spun out on his last run right in front of me where I was tending the cones (inspired to the point of not doing it it front of him) beer.gif

bruce

Ahem......yes. I had a good run in my pocket, but didn't think it would hold up over the 2nd run group....so I was pushin' hard.....oops.
I left half of the cones from that Chicago box standing biggrin.gif
Bruce Allert
Hey JP, if it hadn't been raining I'd have brought out the camcorder. I had a great spot to capture that spinout. Damn! missed that Kodak moment laugh.gif
July should prove to be dry so we'll count on video for that.
mueba.gif Gawdam that was fun! MDB2.gif
bruce
joesfly
Did you get a chance to take the car out in some dry weather before the AX? How was it?
J P Stein
QUOTE(joesfly @ May 6 2003, 09:57 AM)
Did you get a chance to take the car out in some dry weather before the AX?  How was it?

Just for about 10 minutes on Sat....and in traffic. The steering is very responsive, much more so than with the Kuhmos. It also rides like an empty dump truck. I was planning to take it out again, but it started raining

It pushes like a bitch on tight corners, in the wet. We need a dry AX to figure out what it's gonna do with some heat in the tires. May need bigger springs in the back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.