Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fun link to vintage race pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
Hi everyone..
our local vintage club ran as a support race to the Denver Grand Prix on the streets of denver a few weeks back...

some cool pictures here, and even a friend of mine's teeneer (an itty bitty 1.7)

hopefully next summer my car will be sorted and my entry will be picked in the registration lotto......

http://www.rmvr.com/albums/gpd2004/

brant
seanery
Thanks for the link.

It almost looks like the 914 was on the track at the same time as the vettes, camaros and mustangs. Did they run groups or one big race?
brant
One big race group for this event...

but the driver (greg) actually ALWAYS runs in that group with the corvettes and camaro's..... long story but the local vintage association is not too 914 friendly and they had bumped him into a modified class where he runs with big bore. I talked to him at a PCA club race on saturday and he was very excited that they approved his petition for next year to reclassify his car. Next year he will drop down into the british (mgb, sprites, and spitfires) group...

I will have my car done by next year, and I will be in the big bore group with the camaro's, shelbys, and corvettes though...... (2.0S/6 motor)

brant
machina
QUOTE(seanery @ Sep 13 2004, 11:40 AM)
It almost looks like the 914 was on the track at the same time as the vettes, camaros and mustangs. Did they run groups or one big race?

We run in 1 big group usually down here with SCCA. There are always a couple guys to dice it up with, have fun, but its not as aggresive as production or IT class. There is a 13/13 rule like in PCA or HSR and most drivers are courteous and respectful.

Sometimes we split the group if there are alot of cars.

dr
Part Pricer
OK. Two questions...

What is this? & Why are there two people in it?

IPB Image
brant
It's a Mclaren can am car..
there is a guy here locally that has his own museum with a bunch of actual mclaren cars... even an old F1.

He also has some other interesting stuff in his private museum...
- A real 924GTS car (I think the only white one ever made)
- A real 4 wheel drive Dakar 911 driven I think by Jacky Icks
- a boyd coddington hotrod

tons of other cool crap....

I don't know why there are 2 people in it though?
brant
machina
QUOTE(brant @ Sep 13 2004, 12:51 PM)
I don't know why there are 2 people in it though?

The rules for many can-am and other prototype race cars call for seating for a passenger. Usually there is just a space there but in this case the owner of this historic car fitted the place with harness so he could scare the living crap out of his friends.

dr
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.