Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NEw Fuel Pump 311-906-091-D EIS Supply
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wndsnd
Ordered a new fuel pump from EIS Supply last night for $189.00 - Apparently they now have new reproductions and not rebuilds. Does anyone have any experience with them?
jonferns
This one, correct?

http://www.eisparts.com/311906091D.html

They also carry a 911/914-6 pump. I wonder who manufactures these new pumps?
wndsnd
That's the one. I hope it is not crap.
Tom_T
Make sure it's not the China made one that AA & others had so much problems with failure & leaking!
wndsnd
Oh no! Crap it is on its way!
Prospectfarms
Only curious, but is there a good reason to pay $150 more to get the third hose flange? You can buy a pretty good in-line Bosch pump with slightly higher flow and pressure that looks a lot like a late model OEM pump. We discussed it in some threads last fall. Early FI (like mine) you just T off the recirculating line into the return line -- no problems.

Maybe there's something I don't know. Or is it for car shows?
wndsnd
My car show rot! lol-2.gif So, it is not for the concours croud. I guess because I am a newbie and am pushing to get it running I am making mistakes. I hope for the money it is at least a fair product. They Shipped it next day so it is supposed to be here on Thursday. I will report back on what it is like with pictures.
ellisor3
If things carrying air fail, no big deal
Things carrying fuel or oil fail, big deal
Just my .02

It is pretty hard to sue China.
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(Prospectfarms @ Feb 27 2012, 11:38 PM) *

Only curious, but is there a good reason to pay $150 more to get the third hose flange? You can buy a pretty good in-line Bosch pump with slightly higher flow and pressure that looks a lot like a late model OEM pump. We discussed it in some threads last fall. Early FI (like mine) you just T off the recirculating line into the return line -- no problems.

That pump went up to $100.
Unfortunately I didn't buy one for under $50 when I could....
wndsnd
Still haven't confirmed it is coming from China olympic914.jpg
JawjaPorsche
I recently replaced my three prong pump with a new two prong Bosch fuel pump. I also relocated the pump to the firewall. It was not that hard. I got the new Bosch pump for less that $60 on Ebay. I guess I was lucky on the purchase because I have seen it priced over $150 elsewhere.
Prospectfarms
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Feb 28 2012, 08:47 AM) *

QUOTE(Prospectfarms @ Feb 27 2012, 11:38 PM) *

That pump went up to $100.
Unfortunately I didn't buy one for under $50 when I could....

Hey, that stinks! Now $88 at my NAPA, one of those retailers who use "dynamic internet pricing." Between the Volvo, Mercedes, Type-3, Porsche people with D-jet, they must have sold a lot of those pumps recently. One member here opined it to be an OEM Ford part (See pic for #).

If you keep looking you can still get it for less. Flea bay, etc. It many not even say "Bosch,"on the box but the can, fittings and specs are identical. Chinese knock-off? Maybe, but since FP is external, R&R is not difficult and if that one breaks you won't be down for long. That being said, $190 is a median price point for that pump. Easy to find something like it for $300 or more; or, an in-line for a lot less. I think Bosch will even rebuilt your stock pump for around $250 + shipping to Deutschland.

I thought EIS was a Belgie-based exporter but Google provides a San Mateo, CA address. Either way, they've been around for a while and the pump in the catalog looks exactly like my old stock pump. I bet it will be great.

Click to view attachment
tod914
If it's Chinese, one tip off will be the ports are reversed with no markings on them.
wndsnd
Good Tip! I will let you know.
ClayPerrine
Here is a simple, easy to find replacement.

Airtex Universal EFI Electric Fuel Pump

IPB Image

Airtex E8445 is the part number.

Inlet and outlet sizes are 5/16 so there is no adapters required.

I bought it at O'Reilley for 114.99. It has been running on Betty's L-Jet 74 for about 6 months. It works great, and is available at most FLAPS.

Considering the D-Jet and the L-Jet use the same fuel pump, I figure it will work fine with the D-Jet too.

Eric_Shea
Clay... can I have your MFI pump? confused24.gif Pretty please...
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 28 2012, 07:41 PM) *

Clay... can I have your MFI pump? confused24.gif Pretty please...

IPB Image
wndsnd
EIS fuel pump came today. Not sure where it was made there was Zero markings on box, not even a label, and the pump only has EIS stamped on end. Also the polarity is marked on the connector, but the fuel pick ups are not labeled. Snowed on my project yesterday so I have to wait for the temperature to pick up before I will get under her an install. I have some pics for those interested. beerchug.gif
Prospectfarms
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Mar 2 2012, 03:53 PM) *

EIS fuel pump came today. Not sure where it was made there was Zero markings on box, not even a label, and the pump only has EIS stamped on end. Also the polarity is marked on the connector, but the fuel pick ups are not labeled. Snowed on my project yesterday so I have to wait for the temperature to pick up before I will get under her an install. I have some pics for those interested. beerchug.gif

我不认为它德语。
Valy
QUOTE(Prospectfarms @ Mar 2 2012, 07:18 PM) *

QUOTE(wndsnd @ Mar 2 2012, 03:53 PM) *

我不认为它德语。

Exactly!
lol-2.gif
aircooledtechguy
My .02 FWIW

The Chinese make great LOOKING copies. . .

Just because you buy a true Bosch does not guarantee success. I once bought a $300 NOS (still in the original box) true Bosch unit for a customer's car and that lasted only about 3 weeks. . .

I would remove the "T" on the return line and install a modern single inlet-single outlet style pump and never look back. Walbro makes a nice unit CHEAP. This There is a reason Bosch went to the style folks not use only a few years after they made these. . . Those antiquated 3-port pumps seem to always leave folks stranded in the end. . .
Prospectfarms
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Mar 3 2012, 10:25 AM) *

My .02 FWIW

The Chinese make great LOOKING copies. . .

Just because you buy a true Bosch does not guarantee success. I once bought a $300 NOS (still in the original box) true Bosch unit for a customer's car and that lasted only about 3 weeks. . .

I would remove the "T" on the return line and install a modern single inlet-single outlet style pump and never look back. Walbro makes a nice unit CHEAP. This There is a reason Bosch went to the style folks not use only a few years after they made these. . . Those antiquated 3-port pumps seem to always leave folks stranded in the end. . .

That's probably good advice. I also agree there's nothing magic about "Bosch." I don;t like their spark plugs. Plenty of good aftermarket parts from overseas. Also plenty of not-good parts too and there's the headache.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.