Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB restored late model fuel tank
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
chuckc
Mine is filled with rust and I don't have time to repair it yet so I'm looking for a good replacement, preferably one that's been recently cleaned.

peace,
Chuck
mepstein
QUOTE(chuckc @ Feb 27 2012, 07:40 PM) *

Mine is filled with rust and I don't have time to repair it yet so I'm looking for a good replacement, preferably one that's been recently cleaned.

peace,
Chuck

See if there's a place nearby that can restore it for you. Tanks are oversize so shipping will cost you. I think Scott got mine done for $75-100.
okieflyr
I've got a late model tank set a side. I have not cleaned it, but I could pull the expansion tank off and inspect it if it is of interest. It wasn't leaking when I removed it, and I can deliver to Hershey...
chuckc
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 27 2012, 07:49 PM) *

QUOTE(chuckc @ Feb 27 2012, 07:40 PM) *

peace,
Chuck

See if there's a place nearby that can restore it for you. Tanks are oversize so shipping will cost you. I think Scott got mine done for $75-100.

good advice Mark, I'll do a search...I have someone interested in my engine and would like to show it to them running. When I went to fix the fuel leak and pulled the tank I knew it was too much of a mess to put back in as is.
wingnut86
I sell them reconditioned, recoated after acid bath and sealed/pressure tested. Old nipples or new aluminum bungs ready for Russell type hose ends. New 914rubber seals between overflow tank and fuel sender. All hardware for mounting, excluding metal bands for tank and rubber hockey pucks. Re-used, but tested/verified sender. If you want the tank exterior Concours, add an additional $80 for prep and repaint. Tanks are solid/sealed and repainted automotive black gloss but will have blemishes and orange-peel guaranteed. Caps have new 914Rubber seals installed. Metal (early) expansion tanks have been drilled/acid tanked/coated/resealed and painted black as well, just like big brother.

$295 shipped. Paypal or USPS Money Order accepted (PP fees are extra). Good core return ( repairable without gigantic holes) will get you $45 back - you pay shipping with UPS or Greyhound.

I haven't reposted my offer in the classifieds due to spending all my time chasing jobs.

PM me for questions...

Dave
chuckc
QUOTE(okieflyr @ Feb 27 2012, 08:38 PM) *

I've got a late model tank set a side. I have not cleaned it, but I could pull the expansion tank off and inspect it if it is of interest. It wasn't leaking when I removed it, and I can deliver to Hershey...

Thanks Kevin,
mine's not leaking just rusty on the inside and needs to be redone; looking for a short cut. If I can't find a restored one close I'll clean mine up, or have it done. Thanks for the response though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.