Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pics after the Mother of All Polishes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RickS
I have been shamed into posting a few after pics of the bumpers after the Mothers treatment - as well as tail pipe, and especially the super grimey door pulls.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Took the teener to the store for a quart of milk and a kid on motorcycle (late teens or early 20's said, "Cool car". I complimented him on his ride and got a big smile.

RickS
duplicate
TravisNeff
Sweet ride Rick!
tod914
Looks great!
Als914
QUOTE(RickS @ Feb 27 2012, 06:03 PM) *

I have been shamed into posting a few after pics of the bumpers after the Mothers treatment - as well as tail pipe, and especially the super grimey door pulls.

Took the teener to the store for a quart of milk and a kid on motorcycle (late teens or early 20's said, "Cool car". I complimented him on his ride and got a big smile.

Nice job on the bumpers. Did you use a polishing wheel?

Question: those look like 7x16 wheels on the rear. Did you have to roll the inner lip? I just got a set of 6 and 7x16 that I will be putting on my narrow body.
Thanks
Tom
In this case, the kid was right! Makes me wish I had chrome bumpers and wheels like yours, instead of BBB's and Enkei's. 914's just look so nice with those Fuchs.
Tom
RickS
Nice job on the bumpers. Did you use a polishing wheel?

Question: those look like 7x16 wheels on the rear. Did you have to roll the inner lip? I just got a set of 6 and 7x16 that I will be putting on my narrow body.
Thanks Al Garcia

Al, no polishing wheel used, just Mother's Metal Polish and a couple of rags. The bumpers took about 5 mins tops. 6's and 7's are what I have and really like the look - but you will need to roll the lips and fenders.

The tail pipe came on the used sport muffler off a 911. It is some type of press fit, since it has 4 indentations to grip the pipe at the far end. Sorry don't know the brand.

Tom don't be so tough on Enkeis - they are great looking wheels.

Driving lights and front turn lights from Camp914 (as well as seat), no affiliation, just a very happy camper.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.