Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn signal indicators
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biker bob
72 2.0L Turn signals work properly however the turn signal indicator lights flash once or twice and stop flashing. Help needed.
mrbubblehead
QUOTE(biker bob @ Feb 28 2012, 11:53 AM) *

72 2.0L Turn signals work properly however the turn signal indicator lights flash once or twice and stop flashing. Help needed.

mine did the same thing. it ended up being the flasher relay. i bought an NOS one on ebay and the problem was solved.
markb
Yup, relay.
FlatSix
Not necessarily the relay. I've just fallen for that and purchased a new relay which made no difference at all. I now believe it is voltage drop in the indicator circuit. When the weather warms up I'll investigate further.
gothspeed
QUOTE(FlatSix @ Feb 29 2012, 01:39 PM) *

Not necessarily the relay. I've just fallen for that and purchased a new relay which made no difference at all. I now believe it is voltage drop in the indicator circuit. When the weather warms up I'll investigate further.

That would be good to find out! I have an indicator that will not flash ..... I replaced the flasher relay with no effect ... sad.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Feb 29 2012, 01:53 PM) *
I have an indicator that will not flash .....

That's a different scenario ...

When the relay goes bad, the indicator light will flash once or twice and then *both* lights will flash, albeit very dim.
In some cases, reving the engine above 2500 rpm will "bump" the relay and the indicator light starts flashing correctly.

If you do not have any indicator lights at all, i would suspect something else besides the relay.
shades.gif
914itis
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 29 2012, 05:22 PM) *

QUOTE(gothspeed @ Feb 29 2012, 01:53 PM) *
I have an indicator that will not flash .....

That's a different scenario ...

When the relay goes bad, the indicator light will flash once or twice and then *both* lights will flash, albeit very dim.
In some cases, reving the engine above 2500 rpm will "bump" the relay and the indicator light starts flashing correctly.

If you do not have any indicator lights at all, i would suspect something else besides the relay.
shades.gif

agree.gif Did you replace the wiring harness?
904svo
Make sure that all the bulbs are good and the correct ones, the condition you describe can be cause with the wrong bulbs installed or one burn out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.