Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need help rationalizing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
marinmcgreevy
Hi All,

I am a new member, and have thoroughly enjoyed reading the posts. I am also a new, retread 914 owner. I am having some difficulty with my ownership of the car.

I have had the car for about 4 months and love driving the car. It makes the best sounds of any car.

The car is very nice and extremely fast for a street car. The car has been set up very well and really deserves to be driven by someone who really is looking for a car that is very nearly a race car.

I know that I will not use the car for anything other than joy rides to Stinson Beach on the weekends or to pick up my kid after school on Fridays. I will never use the car for the purpose for which all the modifications were made. Do you think this is OK?

I am considering selling/trading the car for a stock 911 or an original 914/6. I guess something more sedate.

Any opinions?

PS: The attached photo is my favorite view of the car.
JoeSharpOld
Evan: Welcom to the Board. Nice car but I want more PIC's biggrin.gif
Joe
Trekkor
agree.gif

must see more!

KT
marinmcgreevy
ab
marinmcgreevy
ac
marinmcgreevy
ae
marinmcgreevy
af
Britain Smith
Is that a Saratoga top I see? --> Super Rare!! clap56.gif

-Britain
JerryP
If you love it, keep and drive it however you want. It's your car. You don't have to explain yourself to anybody for having a cool fast car. If a 911 would make you happier, sell it and get one. If I had that car, I would fire it up to go to my mailbox and back, apologizing to no one. rocking nana.gif
rhodyguy
this is the w i d e s t post i have ever seen.

kevin
Bleyseng
Going to a 914/6 2.0l will slow you down some thats for sure.....depends on what 911 you get plus you'll gain the two small seats for more kids.
I like the early 911's alot but consider the later ones more of a Granpa car.

Seems like you have a really nice ride already and should AX the car with the Bay Area group for more fun!

Geoff
fiid
QUOTE(marinmcgreevy @ Sep 13 2004, 09:02 PM)
Hi All,

I am a new member, and have thoroughly enjoyed reading the posts. I am also a new, retread 914 owner. I am having some difficulty with my ownership of the car.

I have had the car for about 4 months and love driving the car. It makes the best sounds of any car.

The car is very nice and extremely fast for a street car. The car has been set up very well and really deserves to be driven by someone who really is looking for a car that is very nearly a race car.

I know that I will not use the car for anything other than joy rides to Stinson Beach on the weekends or to pick up my kid after school on Fridays. I will never use the car for the purpose for which all the modifications were made. Do you think this is OK?

I am considering selling/trading the car for a stock 911 or an original 914/6. I guess something more sedate.

Any opinions?

PS: The attached photo is my favorite view of the car.

Keep it. You have a really nice car. Look after it, and it will give you years of service... Going to a 911 with the same engine is just going to get you the same amount of power in the wrong place (rear engined) and make you look like everyone else (lots of 911s around). Underdriving the car is - well - your perogative as an owner; nothing says you have to race it, and under-driving it will mean you get better reliability, and your car is more likely to last a long time being the fine example that it is.

Do try to open it up once in a while though - just to blast the carbon buildup off the valves!

Really nice looking car. smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
SirAndy
agree.gif ...
schweet ride. just enjoy the car, no need to apologize to anybody! laugh.gif

you should come out and at least watch us play at the next AX!
cool.gif Andy
red914
i have to admit that i think you are looney even considering getting rid of that gorgeous machine... when mine grows up it wants to be like that! not there is anything wrong with a 9eleben, or even an original -6. but face it, that is a beautiful car you have there! wub.gif
Rhodes71/914
If you are looking for less power I will trade you straight across for mine that will have a 2.0L in it soon. It's even red like yours. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.