Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Member with questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wurzel
Afternoon all, just acquired a '73 914, which is in a bit of a state.
I'm mechanically challenged so unsure whether this is worth a restoration, or just selling.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

I'm up in 29 Palms, I do have a few mechanic friends, so I have options.

First question, given your experience with 914's, what sort of figure would it sell at.
Second question, were I to attempt to restore it, what sort of outlay am I looking at.

More info - tags expire june '12, engine fires up, but runs rough. Most of the dash doesn't work. Got it from my BIL, who rear ended someone - hence hood tweaked at bit, but frame seems ok (according to mechanic friend lol)

Wurz
rick 918-S
Not the right set of photos. Floors, hell hole, jack points, trunk pans. welcome.png
Mr.242
welcome.png

Yea, we need more pictures of the engine area just below the battery (which should have been mounted just behind passenger's shoulders in the engine bay). That area is known as the 'hell hole' and has potential to make or break this car and your budget.

Welcome....Only thing you need to know mechanically:

"Righty Tighty. Lefty Loosey" when you turn the wrenches. happy11.gif
LotusJoe
I do like the corduroy carpet aktion035.gif
nathansnathan
Shots of under the longs and in the hellhole area forward of the battery tray stand -by where the firewall and inner fender come together on the passenger side - are needed for a fair answer to either question.

smoke.gif

it could look like this
IPB Image

or
IPB Image

or
IPB Image

or
IPB Image

or
IPB Image

It takes awhile to do this
IPB Image
or deeper is often required, down through the bottom of the jack point
IPB Image

frankenstein
IPB Image

All this is expensive
IPB Image

It might look like this, though, a respray
IPB Image

or this even, but then it would have a 6 wacko.gif
IPB Image

looks like a solid repair, no mount is why I say about the 6 engine. sunglasses.gif

I can't find a shot of a really nice original looking one. smile.gif so that's how rare that is.

and welcome.png
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment

Here's mine. All the rusted areas removed and replaced with stuff from restoration dedign. car was painted. Then the engine bay and underside were sprayed
with kevlar enforced liner. Topcoated with a clear
jcambo7
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 28 2012, 10:12 PM) *

Here's mine. All the rusted areas removed and replaced with stuff from restoration dedign. car was painted. Then the engine bay and underside were sprayed
with kevlar enforced liner. Topcoated with a clear

Show off... chair.gif
Wurzel
Ok, its stored at a friends at present, will get the required shots later in the week.

Thank you for the info, and the pics, much appreciated.

Wurz
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.