Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tach just came back from NH Speedo...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
I sent my -4 tach back to North Hollywood last week to convert it for my -6 conversion. I cant believe how fast they turned it around. I had them also calibrate it for a 10k RPM gt gauge face and use the old needle/bezel/glass to retain and match the patina on the other gauges. They did a great job- I am very pleased!
SirAndy
How much?
idea.gif
Scott S
260.00 with the shpping
nsr-jamie
Very nice.....but no redline?
IronHillRestorations
He don need no steenkeen redline!
andys
NH Speedo; best in the business, IMHO.

Andys
jcambo7
ooh...purdy. Very nice.
Eric_Shea
10k's don't have a redline.

Just sent mine to Palo Alto for the same thing but, getting all new guts for the twin plug. It will be a tad more.

Scott, no new bezel?
Scott S
Hi Mr Eric -
Nope - I wanted it to look the same as the other gauges - so same bezel/glass and needle. The bezel is rotated a bit from its original location. The rough spots used to be on the top edge and pretty well hidden under the dash. I may try and rotate it a bit - but I am very pleased as is. A little shoe polish and it should be perfect.

I have also been emailing with the guy who made my "Repa" harness belts to see if there is a way to age them a bit too. They remind me of a new pair of white 1970's loafers.... very bright. The picture does not do them justice. shades.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Scott S @ Feb 29 2012, 12:21 PM) *

Hi Mr Eric -
Nope - I wanted it to look the same as the other gauges - so same bezel/glass and needle. The bezel is rotated a bit from its original location. The rough spots used to be on the top edge and pretty well hidden under the dash. I may try and rotate it a bit - but I am very pleased as is. A little shoe polish and it should be perfect.

I have also been emailing with the guy who made my "Repa" harness belts to see if there is a way to age them a bit too. They remind me of a new pair of white 1970's loafers.... very bright. The picture does not do them justice. shades.gif

Work on your car, wipe your hands on the belts.

I thought I had to buy different gauges for my conversion. I will talk to them about converting my existing gauges. Did you get anything else done?
Scott S
Yes, the guts are completely different. They referred to it as swapping out the board. The tach will also plug directly into the MSD tach port without needing any sort of adapter. That was the main cost. The cosmetic stuff and the recalibration was an afterthought.
Eric_Shea
Oops. I should have read your first post completely. Coolieo.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.