Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA Show and Swap Sunday at The Phoenix Club
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Just heard the annual event will be this Sunday in Anaheim.
Steve
I will be there with teener. Maybe we could coordinate a time and park together?
Elliot Cannon
See you there. bye1.gif
Beach914
See you there!!! piratenanner.gif
arg
I'll be there. Where do we park?
Steve
QUOTE(arg @ Feb 29 2012, 07:50 PM) *

On the lawn with the other Porsches!!
jim_hoyland

There are two parking options: there is free parking outside the Phoenix Club just to the west of the club. Then you just pay a nominal entrance fee. Then there is display parking inside the Phoenix Club on a large lawn holds 100 cars. Steve and I will be inside in the display area. Last year there charged $20 for the display parking, it includes general entrance fees.

An outdoor pavilion will be selling breakfast fare in the am and Brats/ Burgers at lunch.Several beer bars will be running-- this is a German club.

If you have not been to this event, it's worth a Sunday drive, it's located adj to the freeway, and serves good food
Steve
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 1 2012, 06:54 AM) *

There are two parking options: there is free parking outside the Phoenix Club just to the west of the club. Then you just pay a nominal entrance fee. Then there is display parking inside the Phoenix Club on a large lawn holds 100 cars. Steve and I will be inside in the display area. Last year there charged $20 for the display parking, it includes general entrance fees.

An outdoor pavilion will be selling breakfast fare in the am and Brats/ Burgers at lunch.Several beer bars will be running-- this is a German club.

If you have not been to this event, it's worth a Sunday drive, it's located adj to the freeway, and serves good food

$20.00 on the lawn and $10.00 to get in if you park outside. It's worth the other $10 bucks if you have a Porsche to park inside on the lawn.
Here's the link.
http://www.lalitandtoyshow.com/related_events.htm
jim_hoyland
A few shots from last years event:
1. Bruce Stone, aka Mr Shiney Parts.

2. Al Weiderman, the No Cal Wheel guru, and good guy

3. Glen Sager, the G in G & R swapmeet and lontime Pelican Parts sales expert

4. Lunch on the pavilian

5. MArk, Elliot and Joe

6. Steve
Socalandy
Great to see everyone and shop for parts!! Time for some pictures starting with 914-6 car #1
Socalandy
drooley.gif
Socalandy
aktion035.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
nice, good pics, thanks for sharing popcorn[1].gif drooley.gif
Socalandy
bye1.gif
Socalandy
shades.gif
Socalandy
biggrin.gif
Socalandy
rolleyes.gif
Socalandy
I think I missed a few but a nice showing for sure!!
euro911
Nice warm day, lots of cars and lots of our local 914 guys. Missed you, Andy confused24.gif

Click to view attachment

Here's a really nice restored '66 912 ...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

... but $47.5k? WTF.gif

Click to view attachment

I scored some pretty good deals on several parts I needed (mostly 911/912 stuff) ... Brand new Dansk 911 front suspension pan and tank support ($450.)

Click to view attachment

a pair of 914 headlight motor crank covers ($5.), a pair of wheel spacers ($5.) and a Vasek Polak license plate frame ($10.) rocking nana.gif

Click to view attachment
Steve
It was great to see everyone again!! Thanks Andy for getting some nice pictures!! I was too busy shopping for parts!! At least the used car parts were reasonable. I bought an almost new 3.2 flywheel and ring gear for $225 and new rear trunk hinges from Restoration design for $40.00 for both sides (normally $32.00 a piece plus shipping) and an almost perfect condition 911 center console for $110.00. Lots of nice cars there for ridiculous amounts of money.

Thanks Joe for the advice on my drivers side door!! I added a washer under all three bolts in the lower hinge and now the door closes much better. The door handle and recess are now almost perfect versus before the door was slightly lower.
jim_hoyland
Prices were good, I picked up a set center caps for my 16 inch Fuchs. Center crests are hand painted. All 5 for $ 85.... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.