Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need a little help with a rocker arm question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
markyb
Need a little help, is there supposed to be a washer under the nut that holds the rocker shaft to the stud? Also, any suggestions on which Loctite to use on this nut?

Thanks
mrbubblehead
QUOTE(markyb @ Mar 1 2012, 04:45 PM) *

Need a little help, is there supposed to be a washer under the nut that holds the rocker shaft to the stud? Also, any suggestions on which Loctite to use on this nut?

Thanks

yes, a wavey washer. i am using nylock nuts and no loctite. i would use blue loctite if i had to.
markyb
excellent idea, someone put standard flat washers on mine, and I would like a little more thread inside the nuts since I had to shim the rocker shafts.

I appreciate the help bubblehead....onward, time to finish this project!
mrbubblehead
QUOTE(markyb @ Mar 1 2012, 05:51 PM) *

excellent idea, someone put standard flat washers on mine, and I would like a little more thread inside the nuts since I had to shim the rocker shafts.

I appreciate the help bubblehead....onward, time to finish this project!
good luck beerchug.gif
sean_v8_914
almost everything should have a washer under it. it increases the friction surface area and helps things stay together. also spreads the load of the fastener
Cap'n Krusty
Remember, it's a SEVEN millimeter washer, NOT and EIGHT millimeter washer. OE is a spring washer, BTW.

The Cap'n
markyb
Thank you, I'm looking for the spring washers, I have a shipment coming from Raby , they might have some old ones for me. I'll wait and finish the job correctly, no hurry, there's still a little road salt on the streets here in the Detroit area, no way my baby is gonna get any of that stuff on her.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.