Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Euro Eye Candy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
74GoKart
Here are a few pics from a recent trip. There were many more great cars that I did not get pics of, but here are a few that I thought were pretty choice.

Parked down the street from our hotel in Amsterdam. Very nice condition!
74GoKart
This car was appeared to be driven regularly. It was parked on the street near the Rijks Museum.
Brad Roberts
WOW.

I bet that car is really really rare over there.

To bad we didnt know you where in Amsterdam... Jeroen lives near there and could have visited with you.

(Jeroen did all the graphics for this website)

B
74GoKart
Nice!
74GoKart
I thought about contacting Jeroen before we left, but had so many things to do before we left that it didn't get done. It was our first trip over, and it would have been great to hang out with someone who could give us the real info on the Netherlands. It was our favorite place in Europe.
Brad Roberts
ha ha.. you posted pics of the Ferrari. They are like Ford pickups in this area (all over the place) They sound really cool running around our local race tracks.

B
74GoKart
Everybody driving/walking by slowed down to for a look at this Pantera parked on the side of Boulevard St. Germain. Very entertaining to see a busy area of Paris disrupted by a single car.
74GoKart
There were not a lot of Ferrari's in Amsterdam, but Paris and London were littered in them. Lots of Turbo's too.
74GoKart
Of course, not nearly as funny as looking at all the face and hand prints on the window of the McLaren Dealership in London.
Brad Roberts
Did you guy's have fun ??

I bet that Pantera is really rare over there.

B
74GoKart
oops.
74GoKart
The view seen most often.
74GoKart
We had a blast!! It was a trip that was long overdue. Everywhere you looked there was something older than our country to see. It was very cool to see the differences between our country and others. The mass transit was awesome. There were quite a few things that I was impressed by, and a few that I was grateful to get home to. The countryside was beautiful, the people were great, the beer was strong. We made it to quite a few of the must sees, and spent a bunch of time just walking around taking it all in. We took our two year old daughter with us which kept us at a nice easy pace
74GoKart
These were everywhere!
74GoKart
Saw this one near Lancaster Gate.
74GoKart
I missed out on pics of the metallic lavender Diablo, several Aston Martin DB7's, and a few AM Vanquish V12's in London. As I said earlier, there were more Ferraris than anything. I counted over 16 360 Modenas during one day in London.
Anyhow, hope you enjoy!
Nick
74GoKart
The travelers.
Brad Roberts
That is a long way from Nashville.

B
74GoKart
Yeah, that 8 1/2 hr. plane trip is a bitch! That was the main reason we went to three countries. We figured we might as well take advantage of being a train ride away from some of the best museums in the world. Amsterdam was conviently the cheapest place to fly into. After some good sleep, getting used to the fact that you don't know where anything is or understand Dutch, it was all good. Of course, the coffeeshops sure do help with the jet lag.
Jeroen
Hey GoKart,

Next time you're in the neighbourhood, be sure to call!

cheers,

Jeroen
Lawrence
Looks like a great trip... thank you for sharing the pictures!
Gint
Looks like a great trip. Thanks for posting the pics.
Bleyseng
Looks like a great trip! I only know how to say "What time is it?" "Thankyou" and "Bye" in Dutch after 2+ years on being around Monique so don't feel bad.
Geoff
thesey914
And next time you visit Stonehenge call me up -It's pretty near by in Wiltshire, next county on (48miles)
Then again once you've seen it once........Cheers -James

Those Lotus Elises' are really great..... light weight and mid-engined -hmmm sounds familiar
Jeroen
Somehow, I'm sure Geoff can say "Godverdomme" as well biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
74GoKart
Jeroen,
We will definately be back. Amsterdam was our favorite spot. The people and city were much more laid back than in London and Paris. The trams, trains, and subways were the most stroller friendly. The Palm Speciale was excellent.

James,
We actually decided that the next trip to England would be devoted to the countryside. London was neat, but the rolling hills and small towns/villages would make for a relaxing trip...so you may yet see us. I bet you have some nice roads winding through there.
Thanks all,
Nick
Brad Roberts
I wish I would have traveled more when I was over there in the UK. I had my nose to the grindstone trying to get work done... everybody that was with me wanted to go out and "site see".

We thought about going over at the end of our summer. We will see how the money situation looks.

B
74GoKart
When we started planning the trip the Euro was less than the dollar, but of course that switched before we left. It kind of helped that nobody was really traveling. We got tickets for less than $400 each, which took some of the sting out of the conversion rate. We got slammed in the UK when we bought Pounds only to sell them back at the 4yr low against the Euro. It took a toll on the wallet after 16 days, but I consider it money well spent.
Gint
My wife and I have friends in Frankfurt. One of days (years) we're are going to do a England/Germany trip at least.
Aaron Cox
wow...cool pics/. thanks for sharing. what is the pic of the first car you listed?
74GoKart
I believe it is a 1959 Chevy Impala.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.