Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1972 correct USA front side marker fasteners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
unpolire
On the front of my 10/71 production 914 I have two different methods of side marker light attachment. One side has 2 white plastic tensioned pins that push through the side marker light base and gasket into the body openings. The other side is secured with machine threaded screws and nuts. Which is correct? If it is the white plastic pins, which is my best guess, does anyone know the part number?
Tom_T
QUOTE(unpolire @ Mar 1 2012, 08:56 PM) *

On the front of my 10/71 production 914 I have two different methods of side marker light attachment. One side has 2 white plastic tensioned pins that push through the side marker light base and gasket into the body openings. The other side is secured with machine threaded screws and nuts. Which is correct? If it is the white plastic pins, which is my best guess, does anyone know the part number?

Yup, white plastic pins - same side marker unit for all MYs 70-76.

Try TCs Garage or Sierra Madre Collection for one side new/NOS - I don't recall which one carried which side. Otherwise post a WTB in the parts classifieds & start looking for NOS online everywhere.

Or just live with the odd screws on your one if it's not that important to you.
Tom_T
Oh & ..... welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.