Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crappy Camera Phone Pic thread....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
The motor is IN. I am soooooo pleased. piratenanner.gif

I was honestly terrified on how everything would line up - especially the combination of welding in a new motor mount and using the fiberglass engine sheet metal. I expected gaps everywhere where the engine sheet metal meets the engine shelf, and not having the ability to shape anything to match up later. I got DAMN lucky. The tins fit into the seal perfectly! The only real touchy part was getting the front engine tin around/over the Rich Johnson front mount - and that only took an extra two minutes and came out beautifully.

Whomever suggested using old license plates as guides to slip the engine sheet metal past the trailing arm bolts is an absolute GENIUS! It allowed the motor to slip right by!! pray.gif beer.gif

Here are some pics - sorry for the quality.

Hopefully I will have the rest of the bolt ons done in the next couple of weeks.

Where we started:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Lining things up and going S L O W...
Click to view attachment

IN!
Click to view attachment

Hard to see - but look at the edge of the engine tin where it meets the engine shelf... cheer.gif
Click to view attachment

One more...
Click to view attachment
Ductech
First off sexy looking car man. And don't sweat the phone picks, eight years ago those would have been nicer quality. Good job slidin that six in
championgt1
Damn nice!! Those tins are sweet. Oh yes, the old license plate trick is wonderful. beerchug.gif
AZ914
Looks great!! Yeah, lining up is slow.. I did it with a furniture cart and 2 floor jacks.. lol
Ferg
aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.