More time to play with....everything biggrin.gif

somd914
And speaking from experience, less money to play with... sad.gif

Congrats to your daughter!
Beach914
QUOTE(somd914 @ Mar 2 2012, 10:39 AM) *

And speaking from experience, less money to play with... sad.gif

Congrats to your daughter!

I've been an empty nester since August. And this is my experience also. More time to play, but less dinero to play with.

I have two in college and so I know how proud you must feel also.

Mr.242
But doesn't this help determine if they think they can come back home and live with you..............FOREVER?

College was the best time of my life. Congrats to you and your daughter! piratenanner.gif
mepstein
This is high school/boarding school.

Carpe Diem
Tom_T
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 2 2012, 10:58 AM) *

Carpe Diem

Oh .... so you still have the drama of Junior/Senior year HS for college apps. to go through! blink.gif

You'll survive, but I agree - about 8 more years of tight money until she finishes college - then freedom! piratenanner.gif

.... that is unless she continues grad school right away &/or if you have more younger kids. dry.gif

My two are grown & gone, ergo relative freedom since mid-2011, although the economy continues the tight money syndrome. dry.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
JawjaPorsche
The human species is the only species that returns to the nest!

Be sure to leave the light on!
mepstein
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 2 2012, 03:20 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 2 2012, 10:58 AM) *

Carpe Diem

Oh .... so you still have the drama of Junior/Senior year HS for college apps. to go through! blink.gif

You'll survive, but I agree - about 8 more years of tight money until she finishes college - then freedom! piratenanner.gif

.... that is unless she continues grad school right away &/or if you have more younger kids. dry.gif

My two are grown & gone, ergo relative freedom since mid-2011, although the economy continues the tight money syndrome. dry.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif

Tom
///////

Son is a sophomore at the same school. He's looking at college, med school and then long residency in neurosurgery. We still have a long haul.
patssle
25 years of paying for a kid. That sure is long time!

/Kid-less and happy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.