Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Nice 914 on Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
Concerned there is no pictures of the engine bay, underneath, or trunks. Red Flag?

http://www.hollywoodcarcollection.com/vehi...door+coupe.html
billh1963
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Mar 2 2012, 02:49 PM) *

Concerned there is no pictures of the engine bay, underneath, or trunks. Red Flag?

http://www.hollywoodcarcollection.com/vehi...door+coupe.html

That one confuses me...

says 914.6 then the body of the ad says it has a 2.0 4cyl. with side shift.....

Pretty car, though!
mepstein
It's a 4 but it does look nice. I know, not all original and pricey but still nice.
PeeGreen 914
It has the rare 4 speed manual transmission biggrin.gif
dlkawashima
"This is one of the nicest most correct cars that I have run across. It wins first place at all the Porsche Club North America competitions."

$22,000 ..... that is top shelf money for 4 cylinder 914 ..... that's 914 LE territory.

BTW, the quote above comes from the ad. Definitely it's a beauty, but it obviously has the wrong engine/tranny, seats, headlight surrounds, wheels, etc. Do those things not matter in a PCA concours event?
Andyrew
For a dealer, I think the price is right on. However we dont see any engine bay shots or front trunk shots or anything that shows the problem area's. This car should be clean and spotless, with no rust. And if it is, I think its worth it.
Cairo94507
That is a very nice car despite the model year changes. I love the color too.
Strudelwagon
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Mar 2 2012, 02:03 PM) *

"This is one of the nicest most correct cars that I have run across. It wins first place at all the Porsche Club North America competitions."

$22,000 ..... that is top shelf money for 4 cylinder 914 ..... that's 914 LE territory.

BTW, the quote above comes from the ad. Definitely it's a beauty, but it obviously has the wrong engine/tranny, seats, headlight surrounds, wheels, etc. Do those things not matter in a PCA concours event?

It wasn't PCA event....It was a PTA event lol-2.gif
jmill
Beautiful car. Love the wheel too. Who makes it and is it still available?
dlkawashima
QUOTE(jmill @ Mar 2 2012, 04:06 PM) *

Beautiful car. Love the wheel too. Who makes it and is it still available?

Click to view attachment
stugray
Love the wheel too. Who makes it and is it still available?

As I understand it, those are the stock Fuchs, exactly what I have.

Am I incorrect?

Stu
PeeGreen 914
Wheel, steering,= nardi. Wheels= Fuchs
SLITS
QUOTE(stugray @ Mar 2 2012, 04:15 PM) *

Love the wheel too. Who makes it and is it still available?

As I understand it, those are the stock Fuchs, exactly what I have.

Am I incorrect?

Stu

No ... factory 4 lug Fuchs with correct factory finish.
Gustl
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Mar 2 2012, 09:03 PM) *

That one confuses me...

says 914.6 then the body of the ad says it has a 2.0 4cyl. with side shift.....

I'd say that should read like this:

CLASSIC 1971 PORSCHE 914.
6 MULTIPLE AWARD WINNER !!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
oldschool
I have the same wheel in black....need to find a hub,to make it fit. confused24.gif
sixnotfour
Nardi

http://wood-steering-wheels.com/porsche-16-12-22-10.html
sixerdon
Wow!! I know this car!
Here's the story. My buddy, acquired this '71 from the original owner about 10+ years ago. It had been sitting in a garage in either NH or ME for a number of years and was a fully complete 914. The mileage indicated was low as it was found and we believed it to be original. His intent was to restore it back to it's factory stock state and enjoy driving it.
Fast forward a couple of years............
He stripped the car, pulling the engine to rebuild and soon found a local white '76 that had far more rust issues than the '71. Then he began to think of restoring the '76, but I soon convinced him that the better '71 body would be the better candidate and to use the interior and running gear of the '76, which he did, which took about 1-2 years to complete the full resto. What he ended up with is the best components of two cars and combined them together. The engine was still a healthy 95 hp (DIN) without the pollution accessories and allowed this car to hustle along our back roads.
I can attest to the beautiful detail and personal touches that he put into this project. The car was shown and won it's class in the '07 Zone 1 concours in Newport, RI. After playing with it for the summer of '07, he put it on ebay where it sold for $19.5K!! Unheard of at the time for a bastardized 914 resto. I do not know the current owner, nor do I know the people selling the car. But it looks just like it did when he sold it. Too bad the dealer isn't showing the engine as my buddy polished and detailed everything. All rust issues were dealt with using new steel, which didn't require much. The reason he sold it is that he is one who just likes jumping from one Porsche to another and never keeps a car for more than 2 years.
This 914 was fully sorted and a blast to drive when sold. If anyone is seriously interested in the build history, I can probably get answers for you. I get a kick out of a north east coast car that ends up in rust free CA.
Oh, I ended up with all the left over parts from both cars.
Don

jmill
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 3 2012, 08:35 AM) *

Thanks for the link. I love the wheel but it's not a $1K type of love. blink.gif
6freak
Porsche Club North America... confused24.gif ..very nice car for sure! love the color ...few dings on the score card ..but very pretty for sure
MikeC smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.