Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are you serious? Fuel pump relay!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
I was putting all my harness together ready to mount my engine in the morning, I have the 13 pin connector with a relay at the end, I was thinking that it was that smog relay that weas discussed here recently, I googled the part number and it came up as fuel pump relay, . isnt the fuel pump relay on the relay board?

the part # is 0 332 514 120
cwpeden
What kind of car are you working on? biggrin.gif
That may be for the subie....
a914622
Must be a 75? is that the one under the pass seat? I did the same thin and had to wire it back in.

Nope thats not a subi.
Valy
It's the L-jet fuel pump relay.
Hope it works cause new ones are $90.

But I thought you have D-jet confused24.gif
jim_hoyland
The fuel pump relay on the relay board was replaced by the separate dual relay in '74 / '75 on the L-Jets.

BTW a loose connection will cause the fuel pump come to an abrupt stop. Also, the dual relay is grounded to a spade located in the middle of the engine case. If you disconnect it, fuel pump ain't gonna work....
914itis
ok, I have 2 harness (12 pins) they are both the same with the relay. My setup is a djet. Can I just cut the part that goes to the relay and use that harness for the starter wire and the reverse light only?
type47
That sounds risky to me. Doesn't that harness connect to the AAR, thermotime and MPS? I'm not sure but you could go to Bowlsbys site and see the D-Jet harness connections and compare to your harness to see if everything you need to connect to is available on your harness.
914itis
I know about the tach wire, oil temp and all the other engine connectors, I was only referring to the relay wires only.

I found a diagram, I will work from that. thanks all
mepstein
Paul - One of my cars came with a bunch of parts. Make sure you PM me if you need something. No charge if I have it. Mark
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(ppetion @ Mar 2 2012, 09:28 PM) *

ok, I have 2 harness (12 pins) they are both the same with the relay. My setup is a djet. Can I just cut the part that goes to the relay and use that harness for the starter wire and the reverse light only?

Please don't cut it. The engine harness on an L-Jet equipped car is different from the one on a D-Jet car. The L-Jet has the connection for the double relay (the part you posted), and does not have any wire for the D-Jet aux air regulator.

If you need a D-Jet harness, I will trade you for the L-Jet harness, including shipping.

914itis
Ok
Drums66
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 2 2012, 06:43 PM) *

The fuel pump relay on the relay board was replaced by the separate dual relay in '74 / '75 on the L-Jets.

BTW a loose connection will cause the fuel pump come to an abrupt stop. Also, the dual relay is grounded to a spade located in the middle of the engine case. If you disconnect it, fuel pump ain't gonna work....

......Ya it is!........& make sure it is grounded well idea.gif
bye1.gif(metal upgraded to plastic?)
cwpeden
ok I see, I assumed he was wprking with a 70 harness.
914itis
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 3 2012, 11:49 AM) *

Please don't cut it. The engine harness on an L-Jet equipped car is different from the one on a D-Jet car. The L-Jet has the connection for the double relay (the part you posted), and does not have any wire for the D-Jet aux air regulator.

If you need a D-Jet harness, I will trade you for the L-Jet harness, including shipping.
Clay,
I have two, I will send you a set, PM me your address
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(ppetion @ Mar 3 2012, 07:07 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 3 2012, 11:49 AM) *

Clay,
I have two, I will send you a set, PM me your address

Ok.. I will have to dig thorough my spares to find a D-Jet harness to send back.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.