Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FREE: Most of a roller? (no interest, cutting tonight)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
HeloMech
So I'm not going to work on the '74. Rust is more than I want to tackle.

Now, the plan is to take it and cut it up to throw it away.

If someone local wants to come haul it away for whatever parts they want/need, come get it!!

Dash is nice, steering wheel is ok. Suspension is there, you'll need wheels of some type. It doesn't have a title so if you're wanting (for some reason) to repair it, you'll need to lien sale it. Or, race it.

I'm currently keeping the engine/trans and seats. In case I pick up another tub.

I will leave the tail lights, headlights, hood, trunk, etc.

I do not want to cut parts and ship them. I need the space so the whole car needs to go.

If nobody wants it, I will remove the lights, and perhaps the dash then chop and scrap the tub.

PM here.. I'll get the email notification on my phone and reply asap.

Thanks.

PS, I have some of the RD metal bits to fix alot of the rust. Take the car and you can have those too.

Car is located up in San Bernardino Mountains.

IPB Image
HeloMech
The passenger long has been cut out quite alot. I have the RD panels for most of it, some flat metal for part of it. Engman hell hole pieces, etc.

The rust looks like it goes to the engine mount and part of the suspension. Not horrible in those areas, the bulk of it was in the long. The car didn't flex and door gap didn't change with targa top removed and 200 #'s of me standing in the car.

I'll see if I can grab some of the other photo's I've taken during the rust removal and add them here.
drken
QUOTE(HeloMech @ Mar 2 2012, 09:31 PM) *

The passenger long has been cut out quite alot. I have the RD panels for most of it, some flat metal for part of it. Engman hell hole pieces, etc.

The rust looks like it goes to the engine mount and part of the suspension. Not horrible in those areas, the bulk of it was in the long. The car didn't flex and door gap didn't change with targa top removed and 200 #'s of me standing in the car.

I'll see if I can grab some of the other photo's I've taken during the rust removal and add them here.

PM'ed.

Ken
HeloMech
Again, take the whole car with the lights and dash, etc.

If not, I will scrap the car and remove all of the other parts for use on a new tub, etc.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
HeloMech
If I don't hear anything by tomorrow night, I will start removing all of the parts that will be usefull on a new tub and just scrap this tub.

Thanks for any assistance with freeing up the space.
HeloMech
OK 116 views and zero interest. Going to start tearing it apart tonight and start cutting it small enough to fit in the back of my truck.

If I decide not to get another tub, I'll either list a garage sale of parts or hold on to them for the next G&R. I don't much feel like shipping anything.
HeloMech
Well what a pain in the a$$ this is.

IPB Image
rnellums
QUOTE(HeloMech @ Mar 3 2012, 10:39 PM) *

Well what a pain in the a$$ this is.

IPB Image

That's one thing about living in a sketchy neighborhood. Any scrap steel I leave outside my garage, *poof*, next day it is gone. I chopped a whole 914 up like that and it disappeared in the night
HeloMech
Pulled the front valance, bumper, bumper top, turn signal buckets, headlights, headlight motors, dropped the front suspension. Heading out in a bit to chop the front off.

Next is to pull the driver door, windshield, pedal cluster, front and back glass, dash, etc.
boogie_man
So are you taking requests for parts ?? I'm looking for a right front frame
rail (the one attached to lower apron-towards the front body panel). If that's
the case....??
infraredcalvin
Bummer, I just saw this and probably would have picked it up. Oh well, if you are taking parts requests how are the floors, I need the drivers floor portion underneath the seat. Let me know.

Thanks,

Pat
HeloMech
Not quite sure what you're referring to as far as the frame rail portion. I cut the front end of the car off so if you have a picture of the area you're talking about, I will check it's condition.

The driver's side floor may have usable area, but before I got the car, someone had jacked it up under the drivers seat, so it was sort of bowed up. I still have the front and back of the car, they're on my deck. If someone local still wants the parts, they're here.

It will fit on a smaller trailer now!!! lol
boogie_man
IPB Image

IPB Image

That lower bracket/rail...I would come pick it up too. OR IF ANYONE ELSE HAS ONE OF THESE/ PM ME !!!!!

Thanks

Scott
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.