Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mini radio antanae..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
My car has absolutely no antanae and the original hole has been closed up, patched and painted - which I'm glad about because I'd like to use one of the modern small or 'mini antanaes' that some of the car are supplied with these days. Newer BMWs and VWs have them as well as many more. Question is where would be a good place to install, I'd like to put it right in the middle of the top windshield frame like on my '88 M3 but I don't think there's enough room - any suggestions or better yet, pictures are appreciated.
Tab914
glued to the windshield at the top and in the middle or maybe on the side sail panel?? would it work inside the car mounted on top of the dash in the middle, or would that be ugly?? just a couple of thoughts.....
Aaron Cox
isnt an antenna just a wire? seems like you could run 50 fty of wire back and forh under the vinyl pad under the windshield idea.gif
bob91403
If you don't want it on the fender, the best place I know of is either of the small side panels next to the engine lid.
Hi_Fi_Guy
The factory 916s has them as a wire on the glass similar to the Boxster. I have also heard of simple wires that "stick on" to the underside of the dash or behind the a-pillar trim.
Dr Evil
Here is a clean set up that I like.
Aaron Cox
hidden antennaes? how well do they work? could i hid it under my dash?
Rough_Rider
Those stubby antennas are carp!! Don't waste you money.

I tried them on VW's with & without signal boosters. Reception was attracious (spelling).

That hidden idea sounds pretty good. Run a wire around the window frame, that should work.
bob91403
I don't know how well those in the car antennas work, or those stubby ones. I've got one of those cheap short black flexy antennas, and it works great.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.