Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New USPS Flat Rate Box Sizes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom_T
FYI for those who ship with USPS Flat Rate, they just added 2 new box sizes & one looks good for parts.....see here:

http://recp.mkt41.net/servlet/MailView?m=3...MjI5S0&mt=1

Make sure to ask at post office, since nearer locations are usually cheaper with regular priority, which overpayment is how the USPS evens out for cheaper long distance flat rates!

Personally I prefer UPS due to better tracking & delivery when promised + insurance, vs. recent experience with USPS since 08-09. dry.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
EdwardBlume
Cool. I am going postal now! av-943.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(RobW @ Mar 3 2012, 08:25 AM) *

Cool. I am going postal now! av-943.gif

I thought folks would like that title pun! biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
I have postal blood in me. mad.gif
RickS
I pre-boxed but did not seal some headlights to ship USPS wanting to see how much I would save using their flat rate boxes. The postal dude weighed the box and then said it would be $2 cheaper to ship in my box versus a similar sized flat rate box. I was shocked. He splained it to me - if shipping across the US or half way across flat rate will be cheaper, but if shipping say WA to CA, you own box of approx the same size will always be cheaper. Go figure.
Eric_Shea
but if shipping say WA to CA, you own box of approx the same size will always be cheaper. Go figure.

Depends upon weight too... calipers? No. wink.gif Flat Rate is tailor made for my biz.
914Sixer
Do not forget about the regional boxes too. They offer a discount over the flat rate boxes if you are shipping locally (surrounding states to your area).
Prospectfarms
Thanks for the information, I appreciate any help to save a few dollars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.