Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Tin?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LevisJeanz
I have a 75 2.0l engine that was supposedly rebuilt by the previous owner but he left off the tin that goes in between the heads and the Push rod tubes. Did he do this because the engine cools better without the tin or did he just forget?

Thanks,
Levi

The tin should go here:

IPB Image
Drums66
.....He didn't know?or forgot? yellowsleep[1].gif .......you need it!! for sure. idea.gif
bye1.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(LevisJeanz @ Mar 3 2012, 01:47 PM) *
Did he do this because the engine cools better without the tin or did he just forget?

confused24.gif

Why would the engine cool better without the warm air guides? If they weren't needed, Porsche would not have put them there in the first place.

Makes you wonder what else is missing?
popcorn[1].gif
LevisJeanz
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 3 2012, 05:10 PM) *

QUOTE(LevisJeanz @ Mar 3 2012, 01:47 PM) *
Did he do this because the engine cools better without the tin or did he just forget?

confused24.gif

Makes you wonder what else is missing?
popcorn[1].gif

Yeah that's what I'm worried about.

Thanks for the advice!

Is there a fairly easy guide somewhere to working through an engine rebuild?
TheCabinetmaker
Tom Wilson has a book thats good. There are others too
type47
Good thing (if there is such a thing) is that you don't have to remove the heads to install the tin, just the rockers and push rod tubes (I've seen this asked before)
aircooledtechguy
Definitely get that tin on. If you need some, I have extras at the shop. . . You're sorta local.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.