Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Voltage Regulator
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
Volyage regulator may be working OK but I should replace it as it is a bit rusty. Noticed there are new electronic ones, is it worth the extra price or is the original just fine?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Ian Stott
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Mar 4 2012, 10:19 AM) *

Volyage regulator may be working OK but I should replace it as it is a bit rusty. Noticed there are new electronic ones, is it worth the extra price or is the original just fine?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

I meant voltage regulator!
ClayPerrine
The original is, in my opinion, better than the electronic ones. If you do get an electronic regulator, get the Bosch one. I have had bad luck with the aftermarket regulators.

Tom
Remove it and wire brush it, them polish it. If you have a grinder with a buffing wheel, it will shine up really nice.
Tom
underthetire
Actually the electronic ones are cheaper. You will know when yours is failing, it will start pulsing, the voltage gauge will start jumping just a little bit befor they go. No reason to change it till it does. I bought an autozone cheapie as a temporary part 3 years ago...
Drums66
.....Used a Beck/Arnly for 3 yrs & COUNTING
no issues(get electronic happy11.gif )
bye1.gif far as I know it is still working? wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.