Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Took the plunge ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1973-914-2L
bye1.gif Just introducing my self .. its common on the other board I frequent and I see a few here so I figured I'd say HELLO ...

Name is Steve and yesterday picked up a 1973 914 2 liter .. it has fender flares and fiberglass front and rear bumper integrated .. 911 reflector cut down in the rear .. little checking at the flares thru the paint and it looks as she was not taken very good care of in her last owners care .. Traded my 88 vette straight across for it and started going thru it today .. she is now in a good PORSCHE home .. I my self also own a 1980 Porsche 911 SC known as Derbie due to his color .. and I am an active member in the PCA currently VP for the Yosemite Region, Zone 7 ...

I have lurked here for a long time as a guest but now am official .. so HELLO ....

O and SirAndy ... great site you come well recommended ... Thanks ...

Steve
Click to view attachment
914itis
welcome.png
Mike Bellis
welcome.png
jcd914
welcome.png
hot_shoe914
welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png
Tom_T
welcome.png ... from another Light Ivory/white `73 2L owner, but mine is/will be a bit more stock! biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
welcome.png assimilate.gif
Cairo94507
Welcome welcome.png

You will find this to be a great forum with very helpful members. These little cars are addictive.
Socalandy
welcome.png
raw1298
welcome.png
JRust
welcome.png There are a few events coming up soon. Look at Route 66 in a few weeks in Lake Havasu AZ. Also the West Coast Ramble (WCR) is in Monterey in the coming months
StratPlayer
welcome.png
raw1298
Nice find in the trunk. You will like the duals better than the single carb.
URY914
Welcome. beerchug.gif

We know that body kit.
SGB
Got a pic of Derbie?

Welcome. Looks great. Putting dual carbs in place of a single will make seem a bit more Porsche than VW.
Mikey914
Welcome,
I'm sure you will find that this site is unique in that it really is a community, and is definately a wealth of information.
Rand
welcome.png

Funny, I just saw an ad with the same body kit, not all that far from you.
http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/2789775229.html

Hope you can make it to WCR.
1973-914-2L
QUOTE(SGB @ Mar 5 2012, 09:03 AM) *

Got a pic of Derbie?

Welcome. Looks great. Putting dual carbs in place of a single will make seem a bit more Porsche than VW.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

As requested .. this is a great place I think I am going to be as at home here as the other place ....
RickS
Welcome to the board. Nice ride. Don,t here of too many vetts being traded for 914s. derby looks smoking' hot.
1973-914-2L
QUOTE(RickS @ Mar 5 2012, 01:47 PM) *

Welcome to the board. Nice ride. Don,t here of too many vetts being traded for 914s. derby looks smoking' hot.

I got the Vette in a moment of weakness ..(Cheap) when was looking for a 914 ..

Derbie is a blast .. its a 1980 SC w 964 body kit .. very well set up and has goobs of power for a 3.0 has had a bit of work engine and suspension ...

Always ahd a sweet spot for the 914 and now that I have had one for 48 hrs I don't know why it took me so long ...

This board seems like a great place ... been lurking for quite a while ..

Steve
PeeGreen 914
welcome.png Nice 911. I had one that looked similar for a few months. It was fun.... but had to go to make my then 914 better biggrin.gif
1973-914-2L
Really glad to have a two car garage and enough Porsche to fill it up correctly ....

Steve

I have said it before but this is a great place .. glad I was directed here ....
sixnotfour
welcome.png
For the record , look TC another Beck kit. 5 ?

Rand's pic makes 6.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...0kit&st=75#
1973-914-2L
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 5 2012, 11:51 PM) *

welcome.png
For the record , look TC another Beck kit. 5 ?

Rand's pic makes 6.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...0kit&st=75#

thanks for the other pics .. remembered seeing this style before but couldn't place or put a name to it ...

Any body have any pics would be great or links to other beck kitted 914's ..

Thanks ..
Steve
Jeffs9146
welcome.png

Durbie looks like a great doner for your 914 happy11.gif lol-2.gif
SchwarzHorse
LQQK !
Your wheels are up on flEaBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15x5-5-Western-Tur...=item231ac281c9

And, Derby reminds me of either the dark-Swiss chocolate bar I gobbled earlier or the dark-German Brau I'm about to guzzle; they're all soOOO good for my health !
beer3.gif
1973-914-2L
QUOTE(SchwarzHorse @ Mar 6 2012, 07:57 PM) *

LQQK !
Your wheels are up on flEaBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15x5-5-Western-Tur...=item231ac281c9

And, Derby reminds me of either the dark-Swiss chocolate bar I gobbled earlier or the dark-German Brau I'm about to guzzle; they're all soOOO good for my health !
beer3.gif

Good eye on the 911 color Mocha Brown ... the 914 originally Saturn Yellow

looked at the wheels .. mine are bowled in from the lip to the center ... look similar .. theses are going to need to be changed .. has a 235 on rear and 195 front .. stil;l have minimum 2" that they can go wider ... these are like the 911 in that aspect right ... get all the rubber you can fit ??
Mike Bellis
I know that car... Hangover Run

Click to view attachment
krazykonrad
welcome.png
1973-914-2L
Yep .. that's me ... one in the same ...

How have you been .. missed you this year .. Had it out of Livermore and wound up with almost 60 P cars there and one 911 off the edge on Mt Hamilton ... butt came around and he over corrected and parked in a manzinetta bush about 40 feet off the road and about 30 feet down from the road ... towed out and drove home ...

Steve

Nice to be here .. I'll send you a pm ...

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.