Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Too Lean
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ynotdd
Pulled my plugs the other day and it looks like the motor is running to lean( very white) I have a 73 2.0 with stock FI . k&N air filter and a kerry hunter exhust with a super trap with all discs in.
It has crane optical ignition and the motor has about 2500 miles on it. Is this normal for this motor ? if not what can I do ? it runs great! I use it for autocross and DE only. Please Help flag.gif
Bleyseng
Put it on a dyno to check the A/F with a load on it before doing anything.
Check the fuel filter too and what part number are on the MPS and ECU?

Geoff biggrin.gif monkeydance.gif
ynotdd
MPS and ECU are correct. could fuel pressure cause it? its running about 34 pounds? flag.gif
ynotdd
please help
JoeSharpOld
I've got that problem also, I put colder plugs in just to see if it made any differance. It did but not enough. Going to have the MPS tuned by HPH. They want to do a few at once. So give them a call, I,m going to try to set up a time for my car. Your fuel pressure is a little high and that should help. Go to a colder pulg, if you can't get the pulgs to run a rich dark tan don't run it.
Joe
JoeSharpOld
Got a date for my tune-up, Nov. 4th.It sounds sooo far away, but with all the work I have in my motor I'm not taking chances. This car should be my A/X car.
Joe
ynotdd
someone told me that if i take some plates/Discs out of my super trap that will help.does that sound right?
Joe Ricard
Yes it will Don't know how much but it should also up the low end torque.
TimT
someone told me that if i take some plates/Discs out of my super trap that will help.does that sound right?

the more discs you have in the supertrap, the more it will scavenge.. ie the exhaust will flow more freely /evacuate the cylinders, possibly even pull some of the intake charge out before the valves close.

If you remove a few discs you will have a quieter car, and more back pressure in your exhaust system

Unfortunately unleaded fuel really doesnt allow accurate spark plug cuts..

I have a wide band O2 sensor, if you want I could drop by one day and see what we get

BTW Rich still hasnt let me know prices for the 914s yet
ynotdd
Tim I would like to take you up on your offer (o2 sensor) I think I am going to try taking out some discs, to see if i feel a difference. flag.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.