Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For those of you looking for Tartan Seat Cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SLITS
Ran into these people at the "Used to be Dunkels" this weekend ..

Autos International, Inc
1256 Simpson Way
Escondido, CA 92029
www.autosintl.net
info@autosintl.net
(760) 737-3565
Robert Gonzalez - Production Manager

He had a 914 seat on display, done in brown tartan material, very heavyweight cloth and it was beautiful. He said they also had other color material. Didn't ask for cost or whether they would sell just the material.

Glenn Sager took an image ... I'll ask him to post it.

No affiliation, just for information
r_towle
These guys are the go-to guys for the 356 people.
they are top end guys and they have quite a bit of OEM material, though not all.

cost is not cheap, but quality of workmanship, and access to the right materials make them the place to shop when you want to build a show car.

No one ever says anything bad about them and all the interiors I have seen that they have done are typically 100% and near OEM perfect.

rich
rick 918-S
I just contacted them about tan vinyl. There is no more of the factory stock left that I could find and they confirmed it. They sent a sample of an alturnate color that is very very close to the original. On a complete re-do it would be perfect.
biosurfer1
I bought some 911 seat re-upholstery kits from them on ebay years back and they were great quality
r_towle
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 5 2012, 10:43 AM) *

I just contacted them about tan vinyl. There is no more of the factory stock left that I could find and they confirmed it. They sent a sample of an alturnate color that is very very close to the original. On a complete re-do it would be perfect.

Try Mittlemotor in Germany.
Never know what is around...and the last rolls ended up at different vendors.
If Autosinternational cant get it, its not in the states.
It may still be available (in hiding) in Europe..

Mittlemotor might be the best place to ask.

rich
Tom_T
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 5 2012, 07:43 AM) *

agree.gif
... being in the same boat with a 73 Tan interior (factory "Beige #31" interior code with the Dark Tan #503 carpet), I had them send their samples but they're not a match you cna just do part - so it's all or look for NOS. I'm trying to locate NOS carpet pieces that I still need (esp. the driver floor piece) and have some good used leatherette materials for repairs as original, but may end up doing the AI full interior redo route if I can't get everything.

Several members on here have had 914s done by AI & were duly impressed, & I've seen 356s & 911s/912s done by AI and they're work is excellent.

Another good shop for classic P-cars, BMW & MBZ as well is World Upholstery in Ojai CA - same materials & high quality workmanship:
http://worlduph.com/porsche/

As for finding the Tartan Fabric, there are several VW vendors who are on TheSamba.com who carry the OEM &/or good repro of it (varies by vendor) - most are in SoCal area, and that was the same fabric as used in our 914s. Go search there if you want to find your tartan!
Tom_T
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 5 2012, 06:47 AM) *

Ran into these people at the "Used to be Dunkels" this weekend ..

Autos International, Inc
1256 Simpson Way
Escondido, CA 92029
www.autosintl.net
info@autosintl.net
(760) 737-3565
Robert Gonzalez - Production Manager

He had a 914 seat on display, done in brown tartan material, very heavyweight cloth and it was beautiful. He said they also had other color material. Didn't ask for cost or whether they would sell just the material.

Glenn Sager took an image ... I'll ask him to post it.

No affiliation, just for information

Ron,

I think that was the same material as used in Eddie's orange 914-6 resto/mod that was on display outside (not 914-6 #1) IIRC from when I talked to AI & Eddie that day/before.
.... BTW - I say resto/mod cuz he's done a few mods to it & it has a built 6, not a stock 2L 6.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.