MY CAR IS BACK UP FOR SALE THANKS TO ANOTHER BIG HEAPING BOWL OF CRAIGSLIST FLAKES!

The man that said he wanted it last week, had me remove my ad, asked to hold onto it for him because he is a stand up guy that never goes back on his word, who was going to have us drive almost 500 miles round trip only to tell us now that he would be on just a test drive that strung me along and just let me know today that he found a better deal on a Subaru Outback, wasted my time, wasted the time of all of your that called and the time of the man in the Bay Area that was selling me his 1968 Mustang. I am sorry everyone, YES THE CAR IS BACK UP FOR SALE! PLEASE NO MORE ASKING TO HOLD THIS CAR! This Stand up Civil servant ended up being one of the biggest Craigslist Flakes I have ever had the misfortune of talking to.

PLEASE! If you dont know what you want to buy, dont try to tie my ends up while you figure it out and try to find a better deal, thats just bad business anywhere you go and shows very poor personal character. As far as a GLX 4Motion V6 Passat goes, MINE IS THE CHEAPEST ON CRAIGSLIST IN A 1000 MILES RADIOS OF ME AND IS IN GREAT CONDITION! I CHECKED BEFORE PRICING AND I PRICED TO BE COMPETITIVE IN THIS POOR ECONOMY!
Location: We are in Redding Ca. right now but come down to Citrus Heights every once in a while.

I am selling my New Body Style (B5.5) 2001 VW Passat GLX 4Motion AWD Sedan with 5spd Automatic Tiptronic transmission.
My Passat is in great shape with only 123,xxx miles.

This Passat is a GLX so it has ALL of the options.

The Options that my Passat Has:

* Timing Maint done at 97,xxx miles, does not need it again untill 167,xxx miles, these are 70k mile maints.
* Continental DWS Ultra Performance All Season Tires
* Dual power Heated leather seats
* Three memory settings for the seats
* Full power sliding and tilting sunroof
* Monsoon audio system
* Built in phone, line in trunk and under dash. Not really an option anymore but it has it, lol.
* CD player
* Full size spare
* New K&N Filter
* New Carbon activated cabin filter
* New Drivers side tie rod end
* True dual factory exhaust
* Fog lights
* Projector headlists
* Auto dimming rear view mirror
* Garage door or gate remote control for up to three devices
* Power windows
* Factory tinted windows
* Power locks
* 12v outlets up front, in the back and in the trunk
* 16" premium alloy rims
* Seats 5 with room to spare
* All Wheel Drive - Full Time AWD
* Four Wheel ABS
* Stability Control
* Traction Control
* Keyless entry
* Lighted vanities
* Wood finished interior
* Auto rain sensing wiper blades
* Heated wiper fluid to keep from freezing
* Tilt and telescoping leather steering wheel
* Cruise control
* Audio controls on steering wheel
* Fully automatic or manual digital climate control
* Ducting for heat and A/C to rear seats
* Rear defrost
* Rear window pull up screen
* Dual folding power and defrost mirrors

My passat has 124,070 miles on it but those miles will go up every day. My car is black with tan leather interior.
This Passat was $35,000+ new and still books high, dealers ask 10-12K for my same package when it pops up. I am not a dealer so I don't expect that kind of price.

The tires are new with less than 7,000 miles and are continental DWS all weather ultra performance tires, I had the alignment done at the same time too and had a new drivers
side outter tie rod put on.

Asking Price: $7500

NADA Value on this car is $7050 but does not include all of the options. NADA only shows 15" Steel rims with small tires and a standard sunroof, it does not show the Electronic Climate control which was an option in the GLX, It does not show the Monsoon Audio system which was an expensive option for the GLX, it does not show the rear seat console/cubby/drink holder which was an option for the GLX, it does not show audio controls on the steering wheel which was an option for the GLX and it does not show the rear sunscreen which is an option on the GLX. The GLX was the top model but there were still options that could be added. We DO HAVE the original window sticker showing the added options ONTOP of the GLX Package.
VW of Roseville booked my car and said it was booking for just over $8630 and said they could not even enter all of the options that were extra from the GLX package and that they could allow a little extra in trade in for the options that were not listed. But I dont want another VW, I want a 1968 Mustang and a little cash ontop. :)

Based on their book of $8630 I figure $7500 is a fair asking price for a quick sale in this poor economy.

CONDITION: My Passat is in good shape for its age and has NO Mechanical problems what so ever, its been a great reliable car for me. Any time my mechanic said it needed something I gave the OK to do it.

The Body: The ONLY damage to the entire car is a scrape on the front Pass side door where the last owner said he was side swiped by one of those shopping cart pushers. It never bothered us so we never replaced the door, it does not change how it works or seals.

The Interior: The pictures were taken last summer so they dont show the rips but the front drivers side seat as a rip in the lower seat cushion where it had dried out and the rear seat on the lower pass side cushion has a rip in it as well from a rude friend of our daughters.
I priced both out and LKQ had black leather and Tan leather. The Tan was $125 for the rear and $150 for the drivers side, the black leather was priced the same. We were thinking of doing a complete black leather swap because it was so cheap.

As for how this car rates, I would rate the car overall an 8/10 because it is in really good shape but does have some wear from over the years and the door of course.

You can text or call me at:

417-eight nine 4 seven 0 five 2

Thanks.

In this first photo you can see the scrape on the front Pass Side door, its hard to see and doesnt hurt the door at all. Doors are cheap too ranging from $100+ if it ever bothered you enough to change it, never bothered us.

Here is a photo of the beautiful cluster, this was taken about 12,000 miles ago.

Beetle Polo - mk1 - 5 Derby Type 3 Type 4 K70 Passat - mk1 - 6 Karmann Ghia - type 34 Ghia - Ghia Convertible scirocco 1 Type 181 VW - Porsche 914 Lupo Fox Golf - mk1 - 6 Jetta - mk 1 - 5 Vento Bora Corrado Golf Cabriolet - Mk1 - 3 Eos Touran Sharan Tiguan Touareg Rabbit Dasher Microbus Quantum Phaeton Rabbit Convertible - cabriolet - cabrio Vanagon - Eurovan Routon GTI GLI Diesel Gas Fuel Economy Great Awesome Car Truck Four door 4 Sedan mpg mpgs mpg's mph rpm Honda Civic Accord Lexus Toyota Nissan Mazda 4x4 suzuki hyundai Kia Ford Chevy Dodge Subaru WRX STi outback Impreza Legacy Eagle Mitsubishi Evo

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
View the full article

THIS IS NOT A 914WORLD AD!
Do not reply to this thread! No one is listening!

Click on the "View the full article" link above to go to the actual Ad!