Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where does this wire go?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
I can't remember where this wire goes. It is in the wiring for the center console. It is brown with a screw eye type connector on the end. I am thinking it is just a ground that I attach to the screw. The screw that goes in the mount attaching the center console to the tunnel?

In the picture it is the brown wire wrapping around the shifter? Sorry if the picture isn't a better close up. Actually I am not positive it is brown. That is just what is in my head today blink.gif . Hopefully this is a no brainer for someone biggrin.gif
toolguy
test it with a meter. . I believe it is the ground lead from each gauge and goes to frame ground. . maybe to one of the shifter bolts. . didn't look long enough to go to one of the console top mount bolts
JRust
Its just right for it to attach to the mount under the gages to the floor. It's what I figured but couldn't remember pulling it off ?
JeffBowlsby
It goes under the nut on the screw on the backside of the lower console panel holding the defrost lamp housing. Completes the ground path.
rwilner
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Mar 5 2012, 05:44 PM) *

It goes under the nut on the screw on the backside of the lower console panel holding the defrost lamp housing. Completes the ground path.

agree.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Mar 5 2012, 02:44 PM) *

biggrin.gif Perfect! I knew some genius would set me right. Thanks Jeff & it's even more fitting that you set me right as it is in my LE creamsicle914.jpg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.