Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Don't forget your rubber
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
Check this out, two variations of complete kits to replace all the rubber parts on your teener. You choice:

Inexpensive Rubber

World's Most Complete Rubber
914werke
I wonder why George dosnt want his name associated with these sales?
I notice the "Most complete" kit still doesnt contain the front or rear roof/targa seal?
Jenny
AA is mentioned in the ads. Anyone here done business with this seller parker porsche?

Jen
914werke
That is Georges R-hand man, Parker.
Jenny
guess I'll have to pass. I've heard enough stories to last me a lifetime. Even cheap rubbers aren't worth it! ohmy.gif

Jen
rhodyguy
so at porsche prices you save over $1100 buying the world's most complete kit. i have 2 cars. if i buy 2 i'll save over $2200. damn, i will have saved enough for a paint job in tj and pay for the trip to the wcc05.

kevin
SLITS
I've bought from both and actually got the product. Their new "more pillowly window seals - made from our own molds" came with plier marks on them. Musta really stuck to the molds <_< . No, I never bought either of their kits - only what I abosolutely couldn't do without.
soloracer
The last time I bought cheap rubbers I spent 3 weeks in hell waiting for results to come back. Something tells me that buying these e-bay rubbers from AA would give me the same feelings..... biggrin.gif

On the subject of rubbers, on a race car what rubbers are needed/recommended? Or do you track guys all run nekkid? idea.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(soloracer @ Sep 16 2004, 01:41 PM)
The last time I bought cheap rubbers I spent 3 weeks in hell waiting for results to come back. Something tells me that buying these e-bay rubbers from AA would give me the same feelings..... biggrin.gif

On the subject of rubbers, on a race car what rubbers are needed/recommended? Or do you track guys all run nekkid? idea.gif

Trojan
yellowFV
I've been looking at George's catalog for some rubber seals I need for an 74.

he shows a Top Sealing Seal 74-76 that runs across windshield and down sides.. avail in Genuine and "Reproduction"

anyone had any experience with these seals ?

what about the Lower W/S Seal ?

Finally, Roll Bar Seal where rear of side windows seal against roll bar... avail genuine and reprodution.

What's the best way to install these items ??... can the chrome metal tracks that hold them be left in place ?? do you just lube them up with silicone spray or something so they slide down the tracks ?

rob wellner
McMark
If you're thinking about buying from AA, you might want to search the archive and sit down for a nice long read. (bad stuff mostly)
tod914
That is Georges R-hand man, Parker.

In the AA circut, he is infamously known as "Pivot man Parker". If you want to get erm um spanked, order the kit.
Joe Ricard
Just bought a new Rubber Windshield frame to tatrga top seal. 15 minutes and I was styling. Got some of that gummi flage stuff. goes on nice results are being evaluated. Never use a rubber unless it is lubed. aktion035.gif

Track cars would just need engine tin seals and rubber tires wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.