Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nailed threads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Pat Garvey
I thought they were a good idea 5 years ago.

Not?

Postings are rare, and there doesn't seem to be much else said.

So......should I unnnail them?
tod914
Noooooo! The nailed threads up top, active or not, are great an easy to find resource that way smile.gif Possibly cleaning up them abit wouldn't hurt. Think Paul suggested that in the past.
Tom_T
QUOTE(tod914 @ Mar 5 2012, 08:06 PM) *

Noooooo! The nailed threads up top, active or not, are great an easy to find resource that way smile.gif Possibly cleaning up them abit wouldn't hurt. Think Paul suggested that in the past.

agree.gif

Pat, I'm always reading about folks who look up stuff on the nailed threads & do so myself - as a reference, as well as referring folks to them from other topics/questions.

In those cases folks are reading but not posting.

If you un-nail them, they'll drop into oblivion in the morass of other threads. There are several other thread topics which should be nailed so it can be found easily for this sort of reference too.

For example, I've suggested before that this OEM paints/colors thread get nailed as a reference for those looking to match OEM paints on their restos -

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=39488&st=0

... yes, I know it's over in the Garage, but it's applicable to O&H, or should at least get into the Classic Threads, which IIRC are all nailed by default & only posted there by admins &/or moderators. It's good info that needs to NOT be buried with thousands of other topics! shades.gif

BTW Pat - happy belated birthday! birthday3.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Keep 'em nailed buddy! biggrin.gif
Sarastro
I agree with those above.

They are a valuable source of information which is not necessarily obvious without posts but important none the less.
bulitt
I for one can't say enough about the threads posted in the classics section, brake rebuilds, control arm rebuilds on and on. Looking at the Haynes manual and then what is available on this site - well there is no comparison. Rebuilding a rear caliper without Eric's write up ??? I don't think so.

It would be nice to open the threads on occasion to post updates or for more discussion on the topics IMHO.
914_teener
No Pat,

I've referenced them a lot.

Maybe entertain new one's? Just an idea.
1970 Neun vierzehn
Having "Nailed" threads showing and detailing OEM (or as close as possible) features and design elements of specific years/models is very important.

With that said, however, I believe the format should change to illustrate each model year as a separate "nailed thread".

As an example, if an owner wanted to return his 1972 /4 to original configuration, he should not have to go and sift through all the numerous threads dealing with each area and then need to go through all the different model years and trim levels to find the 1972 information that he is seeking.

The 1972 914 thread should be a separate thread, formated in a manner similar to the one which I have tried to present with my 1970 /4. Then an owner seeking OEM information would just open the appropriate model year thread that he is interested in and find what he is looking for in just one place.

Pat, your original 1972 1.7 could serve as the perfect template for the 1972 model year "nailed" thread.

This sort of format is what I think should present the Originality & History "nailed" threads.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.