Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SFBA: Redwood Region AX This Saturday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
McMark
I'll be heading to the Redwood Region AX this saturday in Santa Rosa. Anyone else thinking of going?
details here

IPB Image
RoadGlue
Okay, I'm in! On street tires with a tail happy car. This should be fun! I see there's 40% chance for rain Saturday early AM. Cold day too. I think that beats the 90* days out there. smile.gif

I can bring camera gear too for those that want photos. Have a 200 f/2 I have access to that would be perfect for the event.

Thanks Mark!
McMark
Wahoo! Momentum acheived! See you Saturday.
mikey63
I'll try to be there to watch/support our 914s!!

Mike
McMark
Mike, be aware that at the Santa Rosa venue, you must arrive with everyone else in the morning. Because it's a working airport, access is limited to specific times. So you can't just arrive anytime and expect to get on the grounds.

But you can usually leave anytime you want, so come early and say Hi!
mikey63
Will do, thanks for that info.
RoadGlue
I was looking for the "Like" button to your first reply to my message, Mark. Ha! smile.gif See you there! Let me know that morning if you decide to bail for some reason. I probably won't go if you don't.

What car are you bringing?
McMark
I'll be co-driving someone's car. laugh.gif

I won't be bailing, but I will let you know if the impossible happens. wink.gif
RoadGlue
Neato!
Krieger
I'll be there if it's dry. I drove it once when it rained. It's not that much fun standing out there picking up cones in the rain. Mark is rob coming down?
mburkhart
I sure miss living in NoCal. I bought my car just north of Vallejo. Have fun guys!
1973-914-2L
I am planning on going ... Don't know if the 914 will make its debut or if the 911 will pull regular service .....

Steve
PCA YOS vp
blackmoon
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 6 2012, 07:14 AM) *

I'll be heading to the Redwood Region AX this saturday in Santa Rosa. Anyone else thinking of going?
details here

IPB Image

time to give the new motor and brakes a roll out
McMark
Looks like we're going to have a great group of 914s there! AWESOME! aktion035.gif
Trekkor
I'll try to make the next one.
Are you bringing the yellow car?

KT
McMark
Nope, not quite yet. Gonna co-drive Rob's 2432 again, I think.
JStroud
I would try and make this, but my shift rod coupler bushings barf.gif
Took the rubber boot off...nothing but pieces headbang.gif
Parts are on order...maybe next time.
Have fun

Jeff
RoadGlue
Yay, dry forecast now too!

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findwe...uSelect=WEATHER
RoadGlue
Vrooom! Mark, didn't you build this car's motor?
ConeDodger
I'm out. sad.gif I can't find anyone to host my event on Saturday here in Reno and besides, I have Brett and Justin coming all the way from Sacramento for the event... They will not know anyone else but me or Rand if he comes...
RoadGlue
Have fun at the Reno event Rob! Next time.
JStroud
Got my car back on the road, now if I can get up early enough I'll be there. driving.gif

Jeff
JimN73
I'll be there, too.

Jim
ConeDodger
QUOTE(JimN73 @ Mar 9 2012, 08:43 PM) *

I'll be there, too.

Jim

Actually Jim, we are all afraid that you will be there. biggrin.gif
RoadGlue
All ready to go. Car's cleaner, lighter, red cover over positive terminal... loaded up hat, helmet, cameras, tools and sunscreen. There are a few of you that I haven't met before. Please say hi!
McMark
Glad to see so many guys show up. I had a blast. Got to drive around in a HP 912, which was an interesting perspective. Handled a ton better than I was expecting.
Krieger
12 runs, loads of fun! 14 if you count the two warm ups in the morning. It was great to see all the 914s and some old/ new faces. Saturday April 14 is the next one.
Mike Bellis
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
McMark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmT3hkDYguo
tadink
Mark - I cannot get the video to launch....td
McMark
Works fine on this end... confused24.gif
tadink
and now it does here too - crazy computers! td
RoadGlue
That was great fun! Thanks again for the heads-up Mark. Great seeing familiar and new faces.

Here are the pics I took. I've only had time to upload one video, but I will upload a few more of my runs and then two from two other drivers... one of which like to talk to himself A LOT. blink.gif biggrin.gif

http://wentzelphoto.com/pca_rr_2010_03_10_autox

I wish I had more car variety, but I could only photograph the run I wasn't running in.
RoadGlue
And yes, that's Mark's arse.
http://wentzelphoto.com/pca_rr_2010_03_10_...7a3cf#h1d77a3cf
McMark
smilie_pokal.gif
RoadGlue
Will someone pass the link on to the Redwood Region PCA crowd?

Looks like it should show up here perhaps.
http://red.pca.org/autocross/results/results.html

They have a lady named Barbara that normally takes photos, from what I have gathered. I also think she charges for her shots, so they may not want to post my photos offering the shots for free. smile.gif
McMark
I posted on the RRPCA Facebook page. wink.gif
RoadGlue
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 12 2012, 01:37 PM) *

I posted on the RRPCA Facebook page. wink.gif

Thanks!
mikey63
Had a good time meeting you all. Randy those were some great pics of the event!
Krieger
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Mar 11 2012, 11:57 PM) *

That was great fun! Thanks again for the heads-up Mark. Great seeing familiar and new faces.

Here are the pics I took. I've only had time to upload one video, but I will upload a few more of my runs and then two from two other drivers... one of which like to talk to himself A LOT. blink.gif biggrin.gif

http://wentzelphoto.com/pca_rr_2010_03_10_autox

I wish I had more car variety, but I could only photograph the run I wasn't running in.

Oh no, how bad was I? Could you here everything? I thought you had tape over the mic to get rid of that wind noise. Oh well you got a bunch of hot air instead. biggrin.gif
JStroud
Had a great time talking to everyone, McMark finally talked me into racing my car, hadn't done it before, but it wouldn't pass the tech inspection, cracked windshield.

I did however sign up for their taste of AX, and for a small donation, I got three runs as a passenger in a 914, two driven by one of their instructors, David, and one with his wife, Sharon (I hope i remembered her name correctly). Both are very nice people, and gave me three rides I'll never forget. Made me rethink both of my cars, McMark got a call today, and sent my brother an email ordering my helmet (he works for Bell).

But first....need to get the car to Sonoma and get the windshield sitting in McMarks shop installed in the car, no more failed inspections.

Thanks again Mark for posting the information.
Great Pictures Randy.

Jeff
McMark
Wahoo! You're definitely on the right path Jeff! Sorry your windshield go the thumbs down. Next time!
RoadGlue
Andy!!

It's hard to here you due to the wind noise once you're running...

http://wentzelphoto.com/pca_rr_2010_03_10_...b3d1b#h280b3d1b

More vids to come.
Krieger
Randy it won't play for me sad.gif
McMark
Works for me. You mighta tried to view it before it was finished uploading.

I like the part where you drive. lol2.gif

JStroud
Nice commentary Andy, very impressive car. beer.gif

Jeff
Krieger
Hooray! I switched to another computer that works. Thanks for posting Randy. beer3.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(jsconst @ Mar 12 2012, 08:29 PM) *
...passenger in a 914, two driven by one of their instructors, David, and one with his wife, Sharon (I hope i remembered her name correctly).

Was she quite short, and very talkative? If so, she's a Neidel. There are a bunch of them, and they have three things in common:
- They're all well south of five and a half feet tall
- They all talk 60 miles per hour
- They all drive 914s very very well!

They've been active PCA'ers around here for roughly ever.

--DD
JStroud
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 14 2012, 09:52 AM) *

QUOTE(jsconst @ Mar 12 2012, 08:29 PM) *
...passenger in a 914, two driven by one of their instructors, David, and one with his wife, Sharon (I hope i remembered her name correctly).

Was she quite short, and very talkative? If so, she's a Neidel. There are a bunch of them, and they have three things in common:
- They're all well south of five and a half feet tall
- They all talk 60 miles per hour
- They all drive 914s very very well!

They've been active PCA'ers around here for roughly ever.

--DD

Sounds right, she said her family was big into racing, 911s and 914s. And yes she was a very good driver. Here's a picture of their car with her driving. (hope it works)

Jeff

edit: tried to post a picture from Randys site but didn't work
RoadGlue
This is her -
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.