Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche returns to Forza
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
poorsche914
When Forza 4 for Xbox was released last fall, Porsche cars were not included due to licensing issues with EA dry.gif
I bought the game anyway and played some but it has been collecting dust the past few months. Guess it's time to dust it off since it was recently announced that Porsche will return to Forza as an Expansion Pack costing $20.
The EP will include 30 Porsches - 23 from FM3 and 7 new cars. I would guess the 914/6 will be one of the included cars idea.gif Will be interesting to see how the 914 runs with the new physics, etc of FM4.

Any one have FM4 and plan to buy the Porsche pack?
Any interest in getting a 914/6 spec racing league up and running again? driving.gif
If not, I can always play Skyrim shades.gif
infraredcalvin
That's good news, I didn't buy forza 4 for that very reason! I will buy the Porsche pack when it comes out. IMO the drive physics seem much more realistic in 4 than 3, but worthless to me without Porsche. As far as a league I'd prob suck but would be interested.
aircooledtechguy
Isn't this the game that Mike C's (6freak) factory -6 was photographed for a couple months ago?? Seems like he said they took around 1500+ shots from every conceivable angle for a game. . .
poorsche914
Yes, this is that game. smile.gif

driving.gif
Smitty911
I'll go buy both the game and the expansion pack if we are going to start the series again.

Otherwise, I'll stick to HALO Reach. ar15.gif

Smitty
rnellums
Awesome! Looks like I need to get around to buying that one! Thanks for the heads up!
Andyrew
.... Why cant GT5 do this?????
6freak
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Mar 6 2012, 09:15 PM) *

Isn't this the game that Mike C's (6freak) factory -6 was photographed for a couple months ago?? Seems like he said they took around 1500+ shots from every conceivable angle for a game. . .

if i understand correctly ..#3 was a euro spec car ..Porsche wanted that way i guess..#4 will be a US spec car I hope...thats why another photo shoot last year

MikeC smile.gif
Richard Casto
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 6 2012, 10:51 PM) *

When Forza 4 for Xbox was released last fall, Porsche cars were not included due to licensing issues with EA dry.gif
I bought the game anyway and played some but it has been collecting dust the past few months. Guess it's time to dust it off since it was recently announced that Porsche will return to Forza as an Expansion Pack costing $20.
The EP will include 30 Porsches - 23 from FM3 and 7 new cars. I would guess the 914/6 will be one of the included cars idea.gif Will be interesting to see how the 914 runs with the new physics, etc of FM4.

Any one have FM4 and plan to buy the Porsche pack?
Any interest in getting a 914/6 spec racing league up and running again? driving.gif
If not, I can always play Skyrim shades.gif

Awesome! Count me in on getting the 914/6 spec racing back up and running! I did read that the 914/6 will be one of the cars in the pack. I would love to see them also include the 917.

QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Mar 7 2012, 01:15 AM) *

smile.gif I knew the moment that I read that thread from awhile back that this was going to happen!

QUOTE(6freak @ Mar 9 2012, 12:43 AM) *

QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Mar 6 2012, 09:15 PM) *

if i understand correctly ..#3 was a euro spec car ..Porsche wanted that way i guess..#4 will be a US spec car I hope...thats why another photo shoot last year

MikeC smile.gif

My guess is that they just wanted to redo the models for FM4. I think the FM4 models can be (are?) more detailed than the FM3 models. I also wondered if they might do a 914 in the Autovista feature (which I frankly think is a useless feature, but it might be cool to see the 914 there).

Richard
FourBlades

Great news on FM4!

Still looking for the dwemer mig welder in Skyrim...

I want to put flares on my wagon.

John
jcambo7
Hell yes! I heard some where this might happen but haven't found any proof! I can't wait. I will definitely be joining the racing league again.
poorsche914
I wasn't sure so I had to check to see if I had deleted the Teener Simracing League forum. Yay, it is still there!

Richard - an autovista 914 would be AWESOME but I think most people would be WTF.gif

Fourblades - I bypass the majority of the dwemer stuff - too heavy

driving.gif
Richard Casto
QUOTE(FourBlades @ Mar 12 2012, 11:25 AM) *

That made me laugh out loud. biggrin.gif I just spent some time in some Dwemer ruins this weekend and didn't see any MIG welders! wink.gif

Richard
FourBlades
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Mar 12 2012, 11:32 AM) *

QUOTE(FourBlades @ Mar 12 2012, 11:25 AM) *

That made me laugh out loud. biggrin.gif I just spent some time in some Dwemer ruins this weekend and didn't see any MIG welders! wink.gif

Richard

Lots of good free metal to melt down in dwemer ruins.

Bring Cosnach from silverblood inn with you to carry it all.

Did a bunch of grinding to get blacksmith up to 100.

John
Andyrew
John, You are sooo talking about my December vacation...
FourBlades
That game is evil....
krazykonrad
Will the 914/6 in FM 4 have fender flares? Not having flares is a big shortcoming of FM2.

Konrad
poorsche914
I doubt they will have flares (though that would really be cool). On other cars, available body kits include air dams, spoilers and side skirts.
Richard Casto
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 12 2012, 09:43 PM) *

I doubt they will have flares (though that would really be cool). On other cars, available body kits include air dams, spoilers and side skirts.

I doubt we will get flares as well, but you can always hope! EA's NFS Shift 2 had a 914/6 GT with flares. Maybe MS might include a 914/6 GT as well!?

Oddly enough, I think the 914 is a semi-popular car within the Forza franchise. It is an inexpensive starter car that handles well, so I think a number of people who may never have heard of the car used it in the game. So it has a small following.

Richard
poorsche914
A 914/6 GT would really be nice! I didn't realize NFS had a flared car.

With each update to Forza, the 914 has gotten better. In FM2, the handling was awful. FM3 was a major improvement. Hope the FM4 version is even better!

driving.gif
johannes
"Porsche Pack" is available today ...

A 550 and a 914 ... Why no 356 Carrera ? poke.gif

Click to view attachment

1955 Porsche 550 Spyder
1970 Porsche 914/6
1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS
1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3
1987 Porsche #17 AG Racing 962c
1987 Porsche 959
1989 Porsche 944 Turbo
1995 Porsche 911 GT2
1998 Porsche #26 AG 911 GT-1-98
2003 Porsche Carrera GT
2004 Porsche 911 GT3 (996)
2005 Porsche #31 Petersen-White Lightning 911 GT3-RSR
2005 Porsche #66 AXA Racing 911 GT3 Cup
2007 Porsche #80 Flying Lizard 911 GT3-RSR
2007 Porsche 911 GT3 (997)
2007 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
2007 Porsche 911 Turbo (997)
2008 Porsche #16 Dyson Racing RS Spyder Evo
2008 Porsche #2 Gruppe Orange Racing 911
2008 Porsche #7 Penske Racing RS Spyder Evo
2010 Porsche Boxster S
2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo
2010 Porsche Sport Classic
2011 Porsche #17 Team Falken 911 GT3-RSR
2011 Porsche #23 Alex Job Racing 911 GT3 Cup
2011 Porsche #45 Flying Lizard 911 GT3-RSR
2011 Porsche #54 Black Swan Racing 911 GT3
2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS
2012 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2012 Porsche Cayman R
jcambo7
Can't wait to download this tonight. Been waiting ever since I heard about it. Eh...not having the 356 Carrera won't hurt my feelings. Most of my racing will be with the 914 from here on out anyways.
Richard Casto
I will download it sometime in the next few days. I actually didn't play much if any FM4 due to a few reasons. I didn't boycott the game, but I wasn't as interested if I couldn't drive my 914 and I think the public lobbies for online play is screwed up (should not be as much of an issue for private games). So it was hard to play casually if you didn't already have a group of friends to play with.

I think they screwed up with the list of cars, but I am very glad the 914 made the cut. I think they could have dropped some of the racing 911 variants and included the 356 and most importantly (many people wanted it) a 917 (I would have preferred a short tail version). But I think they tried to keep many of what was provided before, continue with their ALMS tie in (hence the two 2011 911 GT3-RSR), some newer models (such as the 2012 models) and that didn't leave much room for some older historic cars.

I am not holding my breath, but I wouldn't put it past them to try to get some extra money out of the Porsche faithful by including a 917 in a future car pack. So that way we will buy the Porsche pack and then a future car pack as well. ar15.gif

Richard
racerx9146
I am in I'd we start playing again. Can we either start earlier or later, as it was I felt a little guilty skipping dinner to play vid games. Sorta sets a bad example for the kids.

Daron
TurbOH Brad
I'll play this. I got the Porsche pack, and I'm in for some spec 914 racing (so long as it's kept clean...)

Richard Casto
I bought it this weekend and played around for about 30 minutes. We need to get a group going again. I kind of like the idea of 100% stock cars (at least to start). We can also play around with the 550 as well. It was kind of fun.

Richard
poorsche914
I fired up the Xbox for the first time in a while and what did I get? RROD dry.gif
Opened up the box, removed the fans, turned it on and let it get hot. Pushed down on the heat sink, put it all back together and back in business piratenanner.gif until I get ERROR 64 blink.gif

If I can get the system running again, will be buying the Porsche pack and joining the online racing. Any spec is fine by me. And I agree... the 550 Spyder is a blast to drive.

driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.