1970 Porsche 914 --- Price lowered!!!

This is a running driving 914, I drive it about once a week around town.

Clean title, tags up to date. Great body, all panels free of major dents. Decent paint, Not primer. Good 1.7 motor and tail shift trans. Front calipers are new, and brakes are good. Interior is complete and vinyl is in great shape. Cloth parts have seen better days.

1970s are the lightest of the 914s

Issues that prevent this car from being a good daily driver
Needs tires. There is a leak from the brake reservoir. The headlight motors are not there. Lights work, just need to be propped up. Has no windshield wiper arms, motor and linkage are there and functional. No heat or a/c. Targa top needs a new seal. The rear view mirror disintegrated in my hand.

This is a great car, just needs a little more attention than I can give it.

Simple answers to common questions.

Does the car run? Yes, it runs and drives.
What engine is in it? A 1.7 with a carburetor. It is not the original engine. I still have the case for the original engine if you care about that sort of thing.
How many miles are on it? The odometer says 23k, it does not turn. All gauges work otherwise.
Is this a good daily driver for my 16 year old daughter? If you have to ask, than its not for you. It can be a great daily driver, buts its no honda.
Is there any rust? Yes, right below the battery tray and a little bubbling at the top of the left front fender. Some say there is no such thing as a rust free 914. Chassis is solid and the floor and trunk are all clean as well as all other areas except for what I mentioned. This is a blue plate CA car.
Why are you selling it? I am bored of it and want something different.
What are you looking to trade for? Just offer what you have. As soon as you ask what I am looking for, I will ask you what you have to offer. Save us both a minute.
Can I have more pictures? I would prefer you just came and looked at it.
Will you take payments? No, I will take partial trade with cash though. Or trade me something cool and I give you cash.
Can I take it for a test drive? Sure, come on by.
Is that a fiberglass front bumper? Yes, I don't know where the original bumper is, it was that way when I got it. Looks like it got bumped in the nose at one point in it life. Minimal damage, chassis is perfectly straight, but the very front of the tub looks like it was pounded out. It has also had a piece of metal welded into the bottom. Suspension mounting points not affected and rust free.

Hopefully I answered all the questions before you asked them. Of course, if you have any more, give me a call or text.

Trades welcome, pretty open, throw it out there. I also have cash if you got something worth more than my car.

$2500 Cash or trade. eight47 800 3six97

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
View the full article

THIS IS NOT A 914WORLD AD!
Do not reply to this thread! No one is listening!

Click on the "View the full article" link above to go to the actual Ad!