Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Hotel Arrangements
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Howard
Made the rounds today and think this is our best bet. Full breakfast included, and they serve it buffet style in a room that will handle 100+ people, so that will save us the $15-20 per person cost to hold our Saturday breakfast meeting. They don't have a liquor license, but we could bartend our own, or there are several restaurants with bars within walking distance. $89 per night, $10 more if you want a micro/refrig, $30 more if you want a suite with pull out queen sofa bed. Suites aren't much bigger than regular rooms, so don't advise unless you really need that config. Hampton Inn Realizing this may be a bit pricey for some, there is a Days Inn right across street for about $25 less per night. Days Inn

If no major compaints from the group I will reserve tomorrow.

*Link fixed*
drew365
The link didn't work for me. Where is it located and what is the physical layout like. Room for all the cars to park together for a concourse or would we have to find a park? How about room for the bar-b-que? You make the call, we'll make it happen.
lagunero
Wow, fast work Howard. Sounds good to me.
Howard
QUOTE(drew365 @ Sep 16 2004, 06:44 PM)
The link didn't work for me. Where is it located and what is the physical layout like. Room for all the cars to park together for a concourse or would we have to find a park? How about room for the bar-b-que? You make the call, we'll make it happen.

Link is fixed. Lots of room for cars, BBQ, wet T-Shirt contest. Outlet mall across Fwy (ouch) Fun place for boy's toys, Harbor Freight and Tools, 2 offramps. ~5 miles on Santa Rosa Road to PCH and gateway to Santa Monica mountains. Map
Aaron Cox
great work howard! smilie_pokal.gif
skline
Sounds great Howard, in case nobody told you, you are doing a great job at this. Perhaps you missed your calling.
phantom914
QUOTE(skline @ Sep 17 2004, 06:00 AM)
........... Perhaps you missed your calling.

No, he found it.

Howard,

I like it. Any need for a trial run again to make sure they can handle a large group (especially a large group of 914 loonies), or are you convinced already? And is room for 100+ enough? How many were at WCC'04?

Andrew
Howard
QUOTE(phantom914 @ Sep 17 2004, 07:49 AM)
QUOTE(skline @ Sep 17 2004, 06:00 AM)
........... Perhaps you missed your calling.

No, he found it.

Howard,

I like it. Any need for a trial run again to make sure they can handle a large group (especially a large group of 914 loonies), or are you convinced already? And is room for 100+ enough? How many were at WCC'04?

Andrew

I think that's the best part. Except for the bufffet breakfast, they have no food service, just banquet/conference rooms. So we can use whatever caterer we want. Trekkor wants to bring his killer tri-tip machine so that will do fine for the BBQ/Beach party. If that's a problem, there are plenty of operators here who do the same thing.

So it's breakfast every morning, one BBQ party, one box lunch with the rest of the meals on your own. Hey, it's still 7 mos in advance so we may get more ideas.
phantom914
So "we" (you) need to reserve the banquet rooms too? I'm sure that not everybody that attends the WCC attends all the group meals, but out of curiosity, how many bodies are we figuring on, based on this year's WCC?

Andrew
Howard
No 'group' meals except for Saturday BBQ, which we may or may not have at the hotel. Think it might be more fun at the beach or a big park rather than a formal sit down dinner.

I have reserved the conference room for breakfast Saturday (no charge for that). It will seat 150 and opens to the patio if we need more. Would like to see everyone there we did at golf course last year so we can hit the highlights and pass out box lunches and goodie bags.

Those are the only planned meals. Other than that, it's just free breakfasts served from 6:30 to 10:00 at each hotel.

So this covers accomodations and group meals. Still lots of ideas for events. Saturday pretty well covered with b'fast, meeting, twisty tour to Paramount Ranch for photo shoot and box lunch. Return to Hotel for car wash and car show, then BBQ/Beach party. Monday is set for the track, so Sunday is wide open.
lagunero
Way to go Howard!! It's starting to sound exciting again!
If Sunday is wide open then maybe we can have the T Shirt contest right after church laugh.gif
drew365
A sad news item to report: Joel, the POC announcer/timer was killed in a freeway accident on the way to the POC event in Phoenix last night. I had spoken to him about doing our track event. One more reason to live for today!
Howard
Didn't really know Joel, but saw him at the track, always working like a banshee. Big loss to the club. Think you may be right about living for today.
rick 918-S
Good job howard. One step at a time. Sorry to read about the Joel. Live for today it may be all you have. One of the reasons I stop by here. Great friends, good times in the planning.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.