Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Picked up 30Hp on the 2316
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wndsrfr
Sooo....my not so simple quick & dirty CR increase turned out to be a more extensive and very clean rebuild of the Raby kit 2316. Sent the case & heads to Len Hoffman & he claimed he found some more power for me with refresh of the heads and new Crower springs. New JE pistons and reducing deck height to .048" brought calculated CR up to 10.2:1 from the very conservative 8.2:1 I had before. Seat of pants showed much more crisp throttle response that Jake promised and definitely more "grunt". Chassis Dyno run last September on the old setup showed 135 Hp and 130 torque. Today's was 166 HP and over 160 torque....sweet! Going to have a blast at VIR next weekend! piratenanner.gif
Tom
WOW! That is great. Would love to be there to see that run/runs. I was born in South Boston, just 35-40 miles east of VIR.
Tom
Jake Raby
Told ya so.
Valy
Nice.

1. Check your dizzy. That pimple at 3600 RPM points me in that direction.
2. What do you use for induction?
3. Which cam and how is the idle?
Jake Raby
Idle with that cam is smooth as stock @ 1,000 RPM if its tuned right. I know :-)
wndsrfr
QUOTE(Valy @ Mar 7 2012, 05:44 PM) *

Nice.

1. Check your dizzy. That pimple at 3600 RPM points me in that direction.
2. What do you use for induction?
3. Which cam and how is the idle?

Nice call......checked & dizzy is completely missing! Heh, heh.....mainly 'cause I'm on SDS for spark and fuel....
Induction is huge mother CB throttle bodies with 30 pound "red top" injectors (old Bosch number 280150945, new MP2021).
Cam is Jake's 9560.
I'm on TP sensing as vacuum signature is hopeless at low throttle openings. Idle is great, very steady nice lope to it. I keep it about 1200rpm due to poor oil pressure after track sessions when oil temp is high.
The really screwy loop de loop on the 1st pull was the operator backing out & going back in for some reason. The other two runs are showing an interesting slope change there at 3750....SDS has an "accelerator pump" feature and the dyno operator was laying into it starting at 3000, so some rich/lean effect may be there. I might be able to fine tune that a bit more to smooth it....
Jake Raby
That idle should be slick as glass with no "lope" at all.. I HATE a lope, silky smooth! None of my cams have a lope!
Sounds little rich at idle if it has a lope.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.