Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shifter adjustment and tranni test
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
I have my motor and tranni mounted on the car, my cv's are not. I need to test and adjust the shifter and my tranni, I am thinking to start the car and make the adjustment without moving the car since the cv is off. Are there any disadvantage doing it that way instead of driving the car? Will the results be any different than actually driving it? 

Anyone done this before? 
Bartlett 914
Waste of time in my opinion. Get it running with the CV's installed.
914itis
Car is not ready to hit the street yet, I figured that I will have to do less adjustment on the streets.
Dr Evil
No need to run the engine at all. Just adjust it.
914itis
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 8 2012, 05:37 PM) *

No need to run the engine at all. Just adjust it.

I also never try the tranni before, I wanted to have an idea, if it's good ......
bigkensteele
Download and read the 31 page document that is embedding in Dr. E's signature above. It will tell you everything you need to know and then some. thumb3d.gif
rgalla9146
QUOTE(ppetion @ Mar 8 2012, 09:26 AM) *

I have my motor and tranni mounted on the car, my cv's are not. I need to test and adjust the shifter and my tranni, I am thinking to start the car and make the adjustment without moving the car since the cv is off. Are there any disadvantage doing it that way instead of driving the car? Will the results be any different than actually driving it? 

Anyone done this before? 

Hi Paul
It will be very difficult to adjust the linkage without being able to drive the car.
You won't be able to tell which gear you have and you'll have to be in the car and under it at the same time.
Put the axles in it and drive it.
Use a marker on the splines to know depth and rotation as you adjust.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.