Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone Build A Clone Yet?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
racerbvd
Of this....
Click to view attachment
mepstein
Isn't it just stickers. Unless i'm missing something?
jcambo7
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 8 2012, 03:07 PM) *

The flags... poke.gif
Elliot Cannon
Hub caps. poke.gif happy11.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 8 2012, 12:07 PM) *

IIRC it was a early prototype or production 914-6 (note Euro F TS with the rest USA lenses & sidemarkers) .... along with stickers & flags! biggrin.gif

IIRC some shots of it also had the usual "Model Package" of hot babes in & on it too! drooley.gif

I'm sure TC has the skinny on it! happy11.gif
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 8 2012, 01:26 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 8 2012, 12:07 PM) *

IIRC it was a early prototype or production 914-6 (note Euro F TS with the rest USA lenses & sidemarkers) .... along with stickers & flags! biggrin.gif

IIRC some shots of it also had the usual "Model Package" of hot babes in & on it too! drooley.gif

I'm sure TC has the skinny on it! happy11.gif

It is hard to read, but I think that it says 1971 on the hood. Why would they use an early car or a prototype when it had already been in production for 1.5 years? Not saying you are wrong, just asking.
racerbvd
sure, may only be decals & flags, but where is it now??? Any more pix?? The fact that a 914 was a pace car for the Daytona 500 is interesting to me as the 2 don't really go together..
biosurfer1
Not to mention that during this year's Daytona 500, they mentioned that the Toyota used this year was only the 2nd foreign car ever used as the pace car, the 914 in your picture being other!

QUOTE(racerbvd @ Mar 8 2012, 03:13 PM) *

sure, may only be decals & flags, but where is it now??? Any more pix?? The fact that a 914 was a pace car for the Daytona 500 is interesting to me as the 2 don't really go together..

bigkensteele
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Mar 8 2012, 03:39 PM) *

Not to mention that during this year's Daytona 500, they mentioned that the Toyota used this year was only the 2nd foreign car ever used as the pace car, the 914 in your picture being other!

QUOTE(racerbvd @ Mar 8 2012, 03:13 PM) *

It was indeed 1971, and interestingly, they refer to it as a Porsche Audi 914. screwy.gif

http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.co...-Pace-Cars.aspx
carr914
Remember when they said Gotti was Buried in Giant's Stadium?
Black914_4
Stickers and Flags make you go faster! poke.gif

EdwardBlume
I think the earmuffs are for the music on the 8 track.....
rick 918-S
That would be one cool find!
carr914
QUOTE(RobW @ Mar 8 2012, 11:35 PM) *

I think the earmuffs are for the music on the 8 track.....

I thought Princess Leia was driving the Pace Car
bulitt
King Richard must have been fouling the plugs following this guy around... av-943.gif
bigkensteele
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 8 2012, 05:53 PM) *

Remember when they said Gotti was Buried in Giant's Stadium?

And all this time, I thought it was Jimmy Hoffa... ar15.gif
McMark
Probably hand painted, not stickers. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.