Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 going into 73
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
glens67
I'm pulling the 1.7 out of my 1973, Will be installing a 1975 2.0. The 75 I Pulled the 2.0 out of had the fuel pump located in the front position under the fuel tank. The fuel pump looks like this
IPB Image

The fuel pump that was in the 73 was located in the rear trunk. with the fuel lines running through the latch cup. I know that I will need to cut an access hole to mount the fuel pump in the fuel tank area. The pump looks like this.
IPB Image

I would like to mount the fuel pump In the 1975's location. How do I get the pump wiring moved to the front in the 1973?
Which pump would be the best one to use?

Also who has the best vacuum hose kit for the 2.0 FI set up?
I will be renewing all fuel lines except the tunnel lines, they were already replaced.
Thanks Glen
TheCabinetmaker
You can mount the pump above the steering rack cover (aka belly pan) next to the steering rack. Just need one wire ran for the positive side of the pump. Negative can go to ground next to pump. Various ways to run a wire to the front. Through the tunnel is best.

use the 75 pump.

I just buy the different size lines and cut my own, but I have access to all the different size hoses.
jcd914
I would just mount the 73 pump back where it belongs, below the engine shelf in front of the engine, and save a headache of changing the wiring and plumbing.

Jim
gothspeed
use the relocation instructions here smile.gif

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...mp_relocate.htm
914_teener
agree.gif
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Mar 8 2012, 04:22 PM) *

I would just mount the 73 pump back where it belongs, below the engine shelf in front of the engine, and save a headache of changing the wiring and plumbing.

Jim

agree.gif

I have the wiring if you want it. I mounted the two port to the fire wall.

There are many threads on it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.