Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GA Engine case machine shop
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Harpo
I'm looking for some recomendations of where to send my Case to be prepped for what will eventually be a 2270. Some of the things that I would like checked for would be align boring and measurement for what bearing I will need for the rebuild

Thanks

David
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Harpo @ Mar 8 2012, 03:06 PM) *

I'm looking for some recomendations of where to send my Case to be prepped for what will eventually be a 2270. Some of the things that I would like checked for would be align boring and measurement for what bearing I will need for the rebuild

Thanks

David

In the center of the country I would send it to Brad Mayeur unless he doesn't do engines or engine prep. I doubt Jake would want to mess with something that small these days unless he was building you an engine and then you would have to wait in line...
rwilner
give Chris Foley a call, I think he does case work now. If not he can definitely refer you to someone.

Also, I think there is a shop local to me in Brockton Massachusetts that does good air cooled machine work...I think it might be these guys. If Rich Towle reads this he can verify.
Jake Raby
Its not that we'd not want to do the work because the job is "too small", its because every time we try to do simple m,aching work it ends up being a PITA.. Usually thats because the case is bad or some other issue.

If we weren't so slammed all the time it wouldn't be such a PITA to do the machine work.
arty914
This guy has a great reputation in my neck of the woods. He has my case and heads even as I speak...

web address... jimscustomvw.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.