Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Effutuo build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
effutuo101
So, the question is do I black out the space between the tail lights...hmm. opinion?
effutuo101
rebuilt the glove box. fun with fiberglass!
Ferg
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Aug 20 2013, 09:05 AM) *

So, the question is do I black out the space between the tail lights...hmm. opinion?

I vote no, but I would consider some black around the plate cutout or perhaps a custom emblem or graphic on backside of duck/lip
effutuo101
agreed. the license plate will be satin black
how about this?

The sad part is I actually thought of putting my metal emblem by the 914 (yet to go on)
Ferg
I was thinking more like this from a 944 in black, and maybe even wrap it around side of duck...

914werke
Try some Plasti-Dip if you dont like it peel it off.
effutuo101
good idea Rich! I am going to go play with it.
effutuo101
Hey Ferg! I just realized that I have the exact same license plate surround. weird.
jimkelly
with our cars so prone to be HIT

I like the idea of some body color (or black) reflective tape tastefully located

jim
effutuo101
Several steps forward today. got the turbo that is going in (20G), ordered the up and down pipe and got my seats....
headed off to get my horns and 2 more sheets of sound reduction material for the doors.
arkitect
Awesom project. Getting close to being done.......can't wait to see the final picts.

Dave
effutuo101
That makes two of us. Getting more done tomorrow. sawzall-smiley.gif
AfricanHijinx
man I wish I would have known about this a year ago I would have loved to help out with this. I am in the planning phase still
effutuo101
Ouch! Yes, there are fantastic resources in and around Everett.
What are you planning?
effutuo101
no longer mocked up. But, not happy with the way the harness bar works. Probably going to have to lose it.
effutuo101
also got some electrical work done. have to get two more relay's and then I can test everything out as far as high/low lights, turn, running and stop.

Pick up turbo brackets tomorrow as well as the relay's. I will have time to mount the turbo brackets, but ran across a small snag on my intercooler. Going to have to solve that one.

Headed to Orlando next week, so it will be about 3 weeks before much more progress.
AfricanHijinx
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Oct 8 2013, 09:26 PM) *

Ouch! Yes, there are fantastic resources in and around Everett.
What are you planning?

I want to throw a subie motor into a 1970 tub I found for cheap
effutuo101
Nice! Ian is the guy to talk to. He does fantastic work on engine cradles.
What size Suby? 2.0 turbo will be a lot of fun. So would an EZ3.x
effutuo101
ok, it has been a while, but progress has been made.

Electrical:
Headlights high/low good. switch activated, actuated by column lever
Running lights tested and good. switch activated by light switch
turn L/R good. actuated by steering column lever.
Front brake lines. complete. fitting run to foot well
Clutch line run through tunnel
Brake line run through tunnel for rear brakes
Fuel send and return lines run through tunnel.

Next:
Rear brake lines cut, need fitting and final fit.
getting new front disks ordered today for install with front brakes and

Brake lights tested good. but, I need a lot more light. will check grounds and test again.

will post video later on turn signal for those interested.
effutuo101
fog lights tested and good.
Pending headlight and fog light aim and adjustment.
forgot to put a fuse in that wire sequence.... hissyfit.gif
Tilly74
I can't believe I just found this thread. BEAUTIFUL WORK!

Subscribed

popcorn[1].gif
effutuo101
Reminder to self. Aftermarket horns are very loud. Open garage door to test when you finish the last connection. dry.gif
effutuo101
Horn from steering wheel good. Dressed some wires.

Next: put together chairs for the wife's project.
Finish rear brakes
Install fuel pumps
effutuo101
A bit of a reconfig for my inter cooler. But a lot o forward progress today.
Justin did some serious reconfig on the intake set up. Now liquid cooled. sawzall-smiley.gif
effutuo101
1more before pulling it all apart to do the finish work on the welds and tubes.
effutuo101
I get to put the finishing touches on today and get some liquid for the cooler.
effutuo101
And a picture.
effutuo101
Front disks mount. Need to replace all bolts and nuts.
Fuel return: done
Fuel feed: pending 3 more AN fittings and that will be done.
Clutch lines: done and routed to diver floorboard.
Front brakes: don and routed to driver floorboard.
Rear brakes. Need 2 couplers, two adapter fittings and they will be done.

Next: radiator bracket and plumbing
Peddle cluster
Battery mounting and battery
Shifting mech. Pending Ian
Half shafts. Pending Ian
Eng mgt and harness.
Misc:turbo oil/water plumbing
Re tighten every bolt and nut
CptTripps
Will you have enough cooling from that position? I was going to put mine up front with the radiator. Other than the length of hose, is there's down-side to putting it up there?
effutuo101
With the holes cut through the trunk floor, it should be good until I go higher than 400 hp. That little fan pushes some serious air. 10000cf per minute? I will ask the genius behind the design.
effutuo101
If you put it up front, you will just have the extra weight of the tube/fluid. You may also have to put in a burp valve as the system is so low.
Realistically you can put this anywhere as it is dedicated to just the air system and doesn't mix with the hot fluid system.
effutuo101
Today's project: install fuel pump and spare.
Maybe get to the engine and head venting system.
effutuo101
Satellite thermal imaging picked up an intense heat plume and an area of equally intense cold in very close proximity.Thermal dynamics are at play again near one of the Boeing plants in the PNW.
After a short time equalization took place and other thermal anomalies began to appear.
This activity is being closely monitored. Updates to follow in the days to come.
Satellite images may be posted after they have been redacted for public consumption.

sawzall-smiley.gif
smash.gif
welder.gif
914work
popcorn[1].gif screwy.gif
3d914
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Dec 18 2013, 08:14 AM) *

And a picture.
IPB Image

Awesome. I love that blue!
effutuo101
wink.gif thank you. Stock color!
wub.gif
effutuo101
Early images. The picture quality is very hi, but redaction blurred the picture a bit.
effutuo101
Further photo's
CptTripps
Did you seriously bake those in your oven? LOL

Back to the intercooler...

I was thinking about mounting mine in the rear drivers-side wheel well, like where the oil cooler was on a 6?
effutuo101
hey! something about port in a storm? I can't tell you how many motorcycle parts I have baked over the years in my oven. Wife not so happy about that! but, hey, she loved the end product... Besides, that was happening north of Seattle and I live in So Cal now. biggrin.gif
Anyway, Yes! The great thing about these is that since they are completely separate cooling system, they can go anywhere. I looked at the drives side well initially, but decided I had other plans for that area (pull additional air for the radiator with a 4 inch in line fan for instance).
That should look nice and flow well. you can push air around where ever you want! A little glass work and you can make a really nice tidy package.
Most of this stuff is way over done. That way I can do relatively simple upgrades to stuff to get more out of it. For instance, I will probably do some bigger fuel rails after I am up and running (I already plumbed the fuel lines to handle a lot more fuel).

CptTripps
Intercooler: That's going to save me a LOT of time and energy. I think that's the way to go.

Radiator: I want to glass something nice up so I can use that front trunk for a spare tire and maybe some luggage if I need to.

Fuel Rails: Yeah, I'm way ahead of you there. I have a set of billet rails (2 actually) and I have the whole system plumbed with -6AN fittings and stainless braided line.

What bushings/mounts did you use with Ian's cradle? I hadn't even thought of that until just now.
effutuo101
nice!
as far as bushings and mounts go, the ones Ian supplied are the ones I used. I have one of the first cradles, so, mine bolts straight to the block. That may have to change depending on the amount of engine vibrations that come through.

From a fuel rail stand point, yes! I am AN8 to the fuel rail and step down to stock and then back up to AN6 for the return. So, lots of room to play there! Nothing like brushed aluminum and color to spice things up.

Looking forward to seeing your motor back together soon.

CptTripps
It's getting there. I should be able to bring the motor back to the office in another week or so. I'm going to spend quite a bit of time getting the trans and everything else fitted to it though. It won't see the car until late February.
sixnotfour
smoke.gif
914werke
CW? Ohhh...
effutuo101
Oh My! those are absolutely fantastic!
effutuo101
so, semigloss black rims 9 and 11 with customer made centers by the one and only Jeff Hines! Thank you so much Jeff! these are absolutely fantastic!
sixnotfour
20% gloss black powder coat, 17 inch dia. wheels
effutuo101
wub.gif I can't get over how cool those look!
Rotary'14
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 7 2014, 05:25 PM) *

smoke.gif

I didn't know (CW) Concourse Weenie was a brand,, huh.gif they sure look cool too!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.