Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - drove the most amazing car last night
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
A gal who works for my Dad took the plunge this week and bought a v-10 2012 Audi R8 spyder. She brought it by the shop last night and made the critical mistake of allowing me to "take it around the block". I was gone for more than an hour (I almost took through a Wendys drive through just to annoy her... stirthepot.gif ).

The sound alone was simply fantastic - it was like an F1 car. It was far louder than I expected, espcially coming from Audi. The only draw back was that it is the auto shift/tip tronic version. I know some folks love this, but I wanted a clutch (I kept reaching for it initially).

What a fantastic ride. Hauled @$$. Even the putting the top up and down was amazing to watch. It is black, which really did it no justice - it looked like an updated TT on first glance (other than the width). As is the fashion, the motor was know where to be seen unfortunately.

I know it shares "stuff" with the lambo. I dont know how they compare tit for tat, but being that this car costs half of the lambo, it sure seems like the way to go if you are into such things.

Crazy crazy cool car.
pt_700
i'm sooo jealous. if i won the lotto and ran out of things to spend $$$ on my teener, i'd have a hard time choosing between one of those and a 911.
carr914
Is the Owner Single? - I need a Sugar momma sheeplove.gif
Scott S
Ha! She might as well be - her husband is more like a shadow.

That was mean. sorry. He is nice - (like furniture).

You have always been nothing but great to me TC - I would not do that to you!She is kind of a wreck. VERY smart/good at her job, but has trouble with things like escalators (and Grey Goose vodka). I am fully expecting to get a call asking "should I just take it to the dealer ship to fix the fender(s) or can you guys just fix it real quick?"

Hmm... I must admit, throwing some bondo and a can of Krylon on a 160k brand new car would be a first - could be fun!! I will absolutely buy her one of those cheap duplicolor touch up paint pens for Christmas. santa_smiley.gif biggrin.gif
Ferg
I gotta start making it down more often. shades.gif
Drums66
ECHO........crazy,crazy..cool ride (probably my next car!) smilie_pokal.gif
bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.